Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Should cost you around an hours labour at a dealers (it takes half an hour at most) I assume you have checked if it is from Bora that uses the same type of fuel as yours. Also you will be stuck with the milage reading of the Bora it came from and the dealer will most likely want to record any difference in your service records
it came from a bora sport tdi 130 pd the same as mine.so yes it all matches up.but i was under the impression that it needs reprograming so they would take the milage off my current clocks.i thought it was just the immobliser they needed to sort out?.

· Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
tried the cluster in my car,as the breakers had no idea what mileage was on it .it was involved in a heavy front so most of the electric side was damaged.looks like the poor old bora had a very short life.only done 8,846 miles.every thing seems to work ok,except the immob.which was to be expected.just need to book her in now.what a difference this dash makes[:D] cant see why they never fitted these as standard on gti`s.

· Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
you have to many zero's it is 100 kms it depends what cluster you are looking if it is the Bora sport with the half height computer Boras have them after a certain year if your are looking Bora sport with the full height computer they are very rare and the chances of getting one are very slim
i must off been in the right place at the right time then[:D].

· Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Unless you have your SKC then its a dealer job, if you have it then you can do the procedure with vagcom.
There is software available which reads your SKC but it uses a special cable and isn't widely available.
IMO its worth it to pay your local dealer around ?70+VAT to fit, code the immobiliser and both key fobs.

If the mileage barrier has been passed (100KM) on your new clusters then you are stuck with it as far as I know, also dealers aren't keen on fitting clusters with mileage.
My clocks were recoded by the seller before being sent to me so came as 0 mileage.

right then,im now confused.just came back from stealers after buying sharan rear emblem,says that the milage off the bora will be transfered to mine? is this the case?.luckily the bora has only done 8846 miles but would rather keep it as its supposed to be.any comments

· Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Did they not mean that the present mileage of your vehicle will be transfered to your new Bora cluster?

i had a feeling that you would answer my problem gary.m..the parts chap told me that the milage on the bora clocks would be the one that stays.

· Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
i had a feeling that you would answer my problem gary.m..the parts chap told me that the milage on the bora clocks would be the one that stays.
That's correct if the mileage is currently set at over 100KM.
If it is then I would recommend you get it reset back to 0 before fitting.

It would make it easier if you click on "Quote" when replying instead of copying and pasting - that way we can see which bit you are quoting and which bit you have typed. [:)]
gary its only got 8846 miles on the clock.the parts chap says that they cant reset them?.he told me that if they cock it up they have to order new ones in?.sounds a bit extreme to me.

· Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
just got car back from stealers.with new well second hand bora sport dash,looking fantastic[:)].only cost ?54 inc vat[:O].absolutly chuffed[:D].

in-fact the chaps could only comment on how well the car is coming along.picked up some new mats while i was there another suprise[:O] at how much new carpet mats were.?18.95.im sure ive seen them go for alot more on ebay!!.does any one know how to get the how many miles til refil working.

· Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
does any one know how to get the how many miles til refil working.
If its not there in the menu then the software within your cluster doesnt have that option.
To get it you would need an internal chip reflashing with new software.

I was lucky, my cluster already had it.

oh well never mind..still looks cool.even better driving at night when i finished work tonite.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.