Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeeessssss!!!!!![:D][:D], after all the messing around, from the stealers, have finally got my bora sport cluster with FULL FIS fitted, my local stealers said that they wont fit a bora cluster in to a golf as it may cause problems?, so had to go to lindvales in Romford, thanks `Cage` , one and a half hours later , there done!!!, now i only need the TMC box and the nav directions and radio/cd info will be displayed on the cluster!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when the stealer extracts the SKC from the cluster the milage is also extracted, so it gets sent to the new cluster, must be to stop people `clocking` these cars, also the immobilizer is built in to the cluster , thats why i had to get it done from a stealer, as they wont give out the SKC, but if you have immob 1 or 2 , i think anyone with vagcom knowledge can do it for you, its not a straight change over, as i was thinking, i also have immob 3.

zak

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers PJ, well at least its one less thing in the garage!

bigalvw, i got them from germany, an ebay seller heres hes link:

http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsassZwwwQ5fgtiQ2dtdiQ5fde

keep checking his link as he gets MPH clusters from time to time, mine cost ?300[:O], but the stealers wanted ?600[:O][:O][V], the price was good for me[:eek:)], the main thing with this cluster is that it tells me how many miles i can travel before i need to refuel, and when i get the tmc box for the satnav, the info from the satnav will be displayed in the central display, chrome rings and dials to boot!

Zak

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Glad you got them fitted Zak, even though it costed you twice as much, but that is maybe because you have the Immo-3.

Did you have any warning lights come up, when starting the car? Reason I ask, was when fitting the bora clusters with Immo-2 to my golf which had immo-1, I would get oil worshop warning on start up because the sensor on the bora is mounted in a different place (oil sunk) which my car never had.

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote: posted by cage on 01/02/2005 15:13:34

Glad you got them fitted Zak, even though it costed you twice as much, but that is maybe because you have the Immo-3.

Did you have any warning lights come up, when starting the car? Reason I ask, was when fitting the bora clusters with Immo-2 to my golf which had immo-1, I would get oil worshop warning on start up because the sensor on the bora is mounted in a different place (oil sunk) which my car never had.

Hi Nick, as my car is a 2002 spec, my oil sensor is in the bottom of the sump, maybe in the same position as the bora, and i dont get any warning lights when starting the car, are my old clusters worthless?, as i want to sell them in ebay.

·
Registered
267 Posts
hz

i see that this chap also does clock fascias,like the bora sport ones.is it possible to just get these in mph not kmh.can any one on here speak german to find out what he can get.he also does r32 ones aswell.maybe he will do a group buy thing.got to be cheaper than changing the whole cluster.

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote: posted by bigalvw on 03/02/2005 19:46:01

hz

i see that this chap also does clock fascias,like the bora sport ones.is it possible to just get these in mph not kmh.can any one on here speak german to find out what he can get.he also does r32 ones aswell.maybe he will do a group buy thing.got to be cheaper than changing the whole cluster.

Yes, if you change just the cluster foils, it would be a hell of a lot cheaper, but you wont get the full fis, but you may not want/need it anyway, i tried repeatedly to contact `Marcus` but he only replied when i won the bidding, but if someone maybe asks questions in German, he may well reply, send him an email and see what happens, if not can anyone on this forum speak German?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.