Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Take a trip down the yellow brick road, turn left at Elvis's 'Unicorn and Rocking horse sh..' emporium and then follow signs for the lost city of Atlantis, there's a old boy called Merlin there who i believe has a set....... [;)]

Good luck mate, i tried for 3 1/2 years without luck, it's by no means impossible but felt like it at times and will be expensive although bazmcc has had some luck tracking down the various bits off ebay.de and i'm sure he'll be along to impart some Bora xenon wisdom for ya!!

Could always take a crowbar to Kiz's bumper at the next NW meet....[:p]

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
take a look at my OEM HID adventure thread. You'll notice that i mention several times about the luck involved in getting the parts. It's plain and simple, They're going to cost loads. Fair enough I got a set but i was incredibly lucky to do so. And it's taken me a long time and work to get the parts I have now. I'm on the way to the dealers tomorrow to try and get a german dealer to send parts for the levelling sensors because no dealers in the UK have the parts i'm looking for.

Baz

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Just found this set on Ebay. I take it they're LHD versions?
Yes they are LHD because the part numbers end in BN. The RHD end in AN.

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
I can't even remember m8. I'll get all the part numbers gathered together and put them in my other post.

Cheers

Baz

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
What about TMTuning.com, they have originals but, again, they are lefty's

I'm getting my reps fited next Friday, i'll post up how it goes and how they look.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Hmm not sure on LHD versions... I see vipersych has them on his Bolf and says he has no problems with them?
The 'lefties' will plug 'n' play and work perfectly fine Mark, i very nearly pulled the trigger on a set for my Bora as RHD one's were just soooo hard to find, but...

The only way to stop them blinding other drivers is to flick the 'tourist' lever which changes the beam pattern from: __/ __/ to __ __ , basically just removes the beam pattern kick-up, only trouble is that i wanted the Xenons to improve the light output as well as the looks and felt that losing the nearside verge illumination and some beam length defeated the object of the xenons...

Beware a couple of the german suppliers though, they will advertise RHD xenons, but will just send LHD with the lever thrown, 'Geordielife' got stung in the same way a while back by the same guy i was just about to buy from....! [:O]

Good luck mate and i'll have a trawl through the vendors i used to search daily lol! [;)]

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
there's been about 3 sets on ebay lately from germany and they were the right ones. It's all in the part numbers.

Baz

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
there's been about 3 sets on ebay lately from germany and they were the right ones. It's all in the part numbers.

Baz
Ebay.de private sellers seem fairly trustworthy as you can usually see the units and therefore part numbers before going any further, however another forum member and very nearly myself got stung with LHD units from an online shop....

Both Fischermotorsport and TMtuning advertise as having RHD units.. if lucky you will spot the small print that says 'adjusted for RHD use' on the payment page, if not, you've just blown 1000 euro's on lefties.... [:(]

12 months ago when i was after them even ebay.de very rarely had units forcing peeps to have to go to online vendors...

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Probably me being a but dim here but, aren't these lights available from the dealers anymore? What happens if headlight needs replacing?
They are still available Mark, but make sure you're sitting down when you ask the parts guy! [;)]

I managed to get all the part numbers for the lamp units, igniters, ballasts , bulbs and a couple of connectors etc, cam to just over ?1200 WITH my trade discount!!!!!!! [:O]

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Probably me being a but dim here but, aren't these lights available from the dealers anymore? What happens if headlight needs replacing?
They are still available Mark, but make sure you're sitting down when you ask the parts guy! [;)]

I managed to get all the part numbers for the lamp units, igniters, ballasts , bulbs and a couple of connectors etc, cam to just over ?1200 WITH my trade discount!!!!!!! [:O]
For my setup it worked out at ?1800+ with the autolevellers and headlight washers.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
For my setup it worked out at ?1800+ with the autolevellers and headlight washers.
Can believe that Baz, i got quoted without auto-levelling as i wasn't fussed about that and was going to do the manual levelling mod, i already had the winter pack with headlight washers and at the time could get 20% trade discount, so i hate to think of the full retail price for the complete system! [:O]

1 - 20 of 43 Posts