Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is a common fault and mainly occurs when someone is changing a bulb or something, and in my case it's no different - as I was changing all my interior lights to LED. I couldn't get the electrical connector out of the passenger door puddle light as I was stretched over from the driver's seat and found the release clips really fiddly. I grabbed the light fixture to have a right go at it and either got a shock or a burn off a metal piece on the back of the fixture. I was sure just at that moment I heard a faint 'click' or 'snip' somewhere behind the glovebox. Anyway, end result is now I have no interior lights and when I went to lock the car the remote didn't work either. On doing a web search, everything was pointing to the 14 fuse by the driver's door, but when I examined it it wasn't broken and was continuous so I'm wondering what else could it be? Is there anything on the passenger side?

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Just to add, I tried disconnecting the battery for ten minutes but it made no difference. Have also noticed the lights left on warning tone does not sound - although this may be not working a while as I've come back a few times to the car with the lights left on in the past couple of weeks.

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just to clear this up...not sure what way I was looking at the fuse panel at the end of the dash with any diagrams I had consulted showing my panel layout in reverse, but it seems I was pulling the wrong fuse thinking it was 14 when after going through them all one-by-one I realised the 14 fuse was actually 1 position away and was indeed blown and all sorted once replaced.

· Registered
11,653 Posts
Just to clear this up...not sure what way I was looking at the fuse panel at the end of the dash with any diagrams I had consulted showing my panel layout in reverse, but it seems I was pulling the wrong fuse thinking it was 14 when after going through them all one-by-one I realised the 14 fuse was actually 1 position away and was indeed blown and all sorted once replaced.
Thank the fact that the panel normally is located on the otherside off the dash in LHD cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts