Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just got back from midland vw have to say very impressed with the coilovers, and also with the service I got from Jody and co, didn't catch the mechanics name but he seemed like a sound guy and didn't mind me wanting him to pratt about with the ride height.

Especially for ?400 all in, parts, laboour and 4 wheel alignment, cant fault it at all.

Heres what it looked like up untill this morning....

Posted Image

Posted Image

And now.... its sat on its um... posterior no problems with rubbing scraping or anything yet though.....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also I can finally put the power down even in torrential rain, ride is better than standard as well, quite amazed!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Sweet!!! Nice one fella [Y] I think the coilovers are the best modification I've done so far - improvement in handling is endless compared to standard!!!

Looks wicked, whats next on the list???

Andy [:)]

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for the nice comments guys I am no longer a 4x4 driving soccer mom, lol.

Next on the list is to colour code my rear valance, get some nice delux mats then might call it quits, not much else to do then, oh probably upgrade to 312mm disc n pads but mine aren't even 20% worn yet, lol.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Looks tons better Matt [y] Glad you are happy with them.

Now i just need to try your car out...just to convince me to get some lol.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
looks great mate. is it on its lowest settings or is there more? what about the arb? one last question does it have much body roll?

sorry i didnt get time to come say hi mate had a busy day and now im nakered... [;)]

gray

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not very much body roll at all, back is near top of adjustment so way more available and fronts are about half way down, lol!

No knocking so far and just driven over 100 miles in it, its higher up than bora tee dee eyes car and it still looks pretty slammed, lol.

Also no kicking into back of seat when putting power down so car feels quicker with better traction.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
You chickened out[;)]

It looked even better before you got them to raise it![:D]

Nice seeing you again, 312's cannot detect a lot of difference in pedal, but its now reassuring I have new discs and pads all round and bigger discs at the front

Didn't seem any more power going home, so can't understand the split boost pipe they found?

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would recommend Midland to anyone

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lol yeah I chickened out, might see about dropping it somemore when I get used to it, was slammed at first wasn't it!

Brakes probably need to bed in, mind u weather was awful today will probably be better next week, wonder if hose just went as it went into workshop? or didn't actually leak perhaps, might just have been on its way out.

Can't fault them at all would definately go there again, jody really seems to know his stuff.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
im really thinking about these now matt. are they the same kit for the golf and bora as i know a woman called sue off here and from by me has them and there on the lowest on the back and its not low enough as my koni's are that low now....hhmmmm

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not sure mate, best person to speak to is jody, he'll sort you out, when mine was 2/3 wound down this morning you could barely get your finger in between the tyre and arch.

Bora back end is heavier though....

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Not sure mate, best person to speak to is jody, he'll sort you out, when mine was 2/3 wound down this morning you could barely get your finger in between the tyre and arch.

Bora back end is heavier though....
Couldn't get mine in straight either, it did look good and there was still more to go...................................[;)]

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah true, lol, its really great, bit bumpy on some of the roads around here but they are crap, can't wait to see what its like on my commute, it rides just like my mates seat arosa sport, but better in corners so am happy, it will probably soften slightly as it beds in as well, its superb on motorways dont feel car sick anymore.

Handling is really good as well, just need rear arb now......

·
Registered
228 Posts
looks well mate, carnt wait to get mine done, should be pretty soon as a think rover is going on saturday, how much is it lowered by roughly do you think,i have been quoted ?280 for the jamex coilovers and my mate will fit them for ?30 but is there anything else i need to buy so i can fit thes, seen comments about arbs and stuff will i need all these

thanks

1 - 20 of 28 Posts