Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right so Im after a nice exhaust for my Bora V5 but havent got a clue on what I need to buy. Ive seen (and heard) rfsteels milltek exhaust and really love it as the sound is just perfect. What do you suggest I get for my car ? Do milltek make exhausts for bora v5's ?

thanks

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I have one on my 2.0. Crackin exhaust...growls when i want it to growl, quiet(ish) when I need it to be.

If you want some expert advice, speak to John Mitchell on 07974020031. Tell him you're from the forum and he'll do you a good deal too. He's a good bloke. Sure other people would vouch for him too!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Geordie. Which Milltek am I supposed to be looking at ?(Ive got the 2 tailpips which are together) I assume theres many models. Cheerz mate

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
John will find out which parts you need. You'll probably have the stealth setup at the moment (hidden behind rear valance/spoiler)...one Milltek will come straight out, like the 4motion one. Either you can cut your current valance or get a 4motion rear valance direct from VW for about ?38. I believe Milltek also do a stealth exhaust which would require no modification. The majority of people have the 4motion styleeeee one...well, i do anyway!

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup its stealth at the moment ... But Id definately want something shiny sticking out ! Do you have any pics of your one ? Would love to see and get an abolute idea of what youve got !

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I have no pics. Search for milltek. Have a look in Members rides...sure there'll be many pics in there. Failing that, i'll take some pics tomorrow when it's light.

Stew

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks mate, look forward to your pics :D (couldnt find much on the members rides etc).

Oh and btw, how much did you pay for it all in all ?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks mate. Is the one your referring to for ?300 the Milltek Cat-Back Exhaust V6, 4motion Style ? Valance and fitting are reasonable. Now im getting excited :D

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Yep, that's the one. Best to ring John and confirm prices. I actually rang milltek and they gave me the part numbers I needed for my 2.0 Bora. Seriously, John is a good bloke, call him tomorrow and he'll ring milltek to find out exactly what will be needed and a price for the exhaust.

He even does fitting...not sure where he's based to be honest.

You'll need the valance doing first, whoever you decide to buy the exhaust from. Search for v6 valance or 4motion valance for some guides on removing the old one and fitting the new one. Many people have done this and for them it was a piece of cake.

Good luck!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've just bought a Milltek VR6 SS Exhaust for my 2.0 Sport from Demon Tweeks

Emailed Milltek first & they quoted ?315 inc VAT & DEL inc 4-motion valance 'FOC'

Demon Tweeks knocked it down to ?307.19 all in (Apparently Milltek shouldn't undercut them)

Edit: just had a look @ the invoice part numbers as follows:

Front Section: MSVW177

Axle pipe: MSVW168

Back Box 2x76mm: MSVW172

4Motion Valance: MSVW163

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Quote: posted by GeordieLife on 25/10/2004 22:18:40

Best to ring John and confirm prices.

He even does fitting...not sure where he's based to be honest.

John Mitchell is based down on the south coast, he often attends the CGTI West Sussex meets in his rather nice corrado.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
tkpeters : Any pics of your car from behind ? I might just go or the same setup from the same people because the price is quite good !

cheerz

·
Registered
172 Posts
Try phoning them I spoke to Tony B - 01978 663015

Haven't got any piccies yet as I only got the exhaust on last week

Here's a libary picture

Posted Image

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Here's a couple of pics of the 4 motion style Milltek fitted to my Bora PD 130....... [:D]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope that helps.....

Steve

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Quote: posted by GeordieLife on 26/10/2004 20:08:49

i want those lights...on the left

Oy! There mine.... keep your mitts off!!... [;)][:D]

1 - 20 of 31 Posts