Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving past a local garage i nticed they have a bora estate on the forcourt,Did they ever produce this in the uk or is it an import?

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
It could be an american import which has the jetta/bora front end, or just someone who has swapped the panels. Its quite easy

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car didn't have side markers so dont think it's us based,also it's a v5 top spec so i dont think someone's swapped the panels on a 51 plate motor like that!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
its probably an import, and what a cool as fook import it is! especially if its a 4motion!!!!!

pics please [:D] i love 'em [;)] especially decked with nice big rims.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yeah, I was in Italy a couple of years ago and it happened to be the same time as the Germans were all taking holidays so the resort was filled with fancy German motors, and quite a lot of Bora estates-not Golf estates.  In my opinion the Bora makes a much nicer looking estate car than the Golf just because the square front end goes better with the squared off boot.  I think the Golf should have been left as a hatch.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
In the UK the MKIV estate was the Golf.

In Europe the MKIV estate was the Bora.

My guess is that it is a european import.

·
Registered
242 Posts
In the UK the MKIV estate was the Golf.

In Europe the MKIV estate was the Bora.

My guess is that it is a european import.
Sorry to disagree but you are wrong. The Bora Variant was offered alongside the Golf Variant in most European markets. However this situation was true in North America where the Golf variany was never sold. Both of these are still on sale in Europe, though Bora saloon and Variant production is due to end within the next few weeks.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yeap the mans right [<:eek:)] when i was in france last year, i saw quite a few bora estates, bora front ends for deffiinate, also as said above a number of them are bora estate tdi 4motions!!!!!! was suprised [:|] to see a tdi 4motion, why didn't they make the golf as this. or did they???[<:eek:)] So its probably an imported one of these, and it could even be right hand drive.

Think the europeans get more models than we do for some reason, like with the mk2 golf the best we could get was the 16v they had the g6o, rallye, synchro, g60 syncro, country. And all had allot more options on them than ours, air con, electric recaros, chromalux privice glass

I Always give the golfs a good eyeballing when i go to europe to see what we are missing out on. Or see models that you just didn't think exsist, would love a 150 tdi 4motion golf, but so far not seen one.

Think it's the germans way of getting us back!!!!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Im toying with the idea of a golf estate(being a family man now)and after spotting this i would love to import a tdi 4mo,it's just finding one[:(]

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Im toying with the idea of a golf estate(being a family man now)and after spotting this i would love to import a tdi 4mo,it's just finding one[:(]
Glen, don't forget the Passat is available in TDI 130 4 motion guise in the UK. I maybe biased, but in my opinion, it is a much better family car than the golf, and also better value for money.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm looking for a mk4 for the missus at the moment, I've got my head into getting and estate, but she's not so keen.

I saw a bora fronted one the other week on a site and it certinaly got me thinking even more!

any of these about then?

·
Registered
384 Posts
i found some pics on the vw mediaroom site.

V6 4MOTION: (only rear pic was avaliable)

TDI version: (only front was avaliable)

looking nice i'd say...

Ricky

1 - 19 of 19 Posts