Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
1.8t Bora
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys ,wondering if anyone's got abit of advice for me and my Bora. This has been a issue prior to me owning the car and I've yet to find a solution.
Here's a video of the issue :
So when everything's connected , the boot will unlock itself if it's closed, I've tried to demonstrate this in the video. This will happen when the cars both locked and unlocked with no input at all causing all hell to break loose as you can expect. I've replaced the boot handle switch with the microswitch on the side, the boot latch, the actuator, the boot wiring loom which goes between the chassis and the boot . I've checked for continuity in all the wired all looks good from what I could tell. I've checked the ground point both on the rear passenger wheel well and the ground points underneath the dash . I have got the following fault code when scanned
Font Gadget Personal luxury car Screenshot Bumper

When you search for this fualt code on rosstech it's essentially doesn't exist 馃槄
I've seen some similar issues on the b5-6 Passat forums however the codes vary and symptoms are inversed so hard to figure for mk4 setups .
Furthermore ive checked the ccm for any moisture as this seemed to be a failure point for some people when having issues with the locks and all looks good with no corrosion
Plant community Circuit component Passive circuit component Plant Hardware programmer

Gesture Finger Plant Grass Gadget

Ive also done a live data test to see if the car recognises if its opening or closing which all again seems to be fine.This was a issue when i brought the car 2 years ago and since ive just had the actuator unplugged and used the key to open the boot ever since. Ill also add when i open the boot it gives the standard warning on my dash so im assuming it communicating as normal aswell
Font Screenshot Technology Electric blue Electronic device

Im hoping i can get this resolved soon as ive got a usdm late year bootlid with the lip built in waiting to be fitted this year and id like to have all this fixed for when i finish spraying.
ps. the new bootlid has been modified prior to me getting it to take the european boot soft touch handle above the numberplate which is why i want this resolved :)

thanks

Registered
your CCM just needs proper coding.... VDS-pro with a (good working) serial to OBD2 connector and a laptop with a serial connector and that laptop should be able to boot in DOS (VDS-pro doesn't work with virtual serial ports so it needs the hardware and DOS to run)...

That is all that is required as your CCM is from a Passat not a Golf those start with 1J0, never the less they are compatible but need a little different coding on the eeprom to work as expected...

you might be lucky and can use a cheap Chinese vag-com 409 cable and Komfort Manager since it's the 1C0 version (make sure the website is set in English as the software is free but you need to register it)

Registered
1.8t Bora
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was under the impression some came with the 1c part number. I know the komfort manager does work as I programmed the windows on key when I got the car , that was the polish program though I didn't think there was a English one. If I was to find someone with the full vcds program what do they need to program to fix my issue?

Registered
Nope the code is for the.Passat although in 2004 in the USA they did use the 1C0 for the Golf but Europe and the rest of the world got the 1J0 version of the CCM.. that said as I stated before VDS Pro will be needed to reprogram the CCM as some values need to be changed and I couldn't do it with VCDS or Vagcom... the only program that did the trick was VDS- pro

If you can find someone that has that software and the needed hardware it'll take about 3 minutes to sort it out. I would help you but I don't have a laptop with a serial port or the serial to OBD2 cable anymore..

Registered
1.8t Bora
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nope the code is for the.Passat although in 2004 in the USA they did use the 1C0 for the Golf but Europe and the rest of the world got the 1J0 version of the CCM.. that said as I stated before VDS Pro will be needed to reprogram the CCM as some values need to be changed and I couldn't do it with VCDS or Vagcom... the only program that did the trick was VDS- pro

If you can find someone that has that software and the needed hardware it'll take about 3 minutes to sort it out. I would help you but I don't have a laptop with a serial port or the serial to OBD2 cable anymore..
Okay thanks for that mate. Just need to find someone that can help me with that then

1 - 5 of 5 Posts