Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A fine addition which adds alot of charactor to a car,Other spoilers are too over the top IMO, Anyway i want one after gawping over tons of Bmw ones, if you know what im on about could you please give me advice where to get them from, are they specifically made for the Bora? If anyone has one in Oceanic green, ill buy! [H] Plus best materials to attach them to boot lid. Cheers

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
You mean like this?

Posted Image

I got mine off e-bay for around ?35 IIRC. They are not made for the Bora, as they are for the 3 series or 5 series BMW. Mine had to be trimmed by a good couple of inches before painting. It came with 2 strips of 3M adhesive on it which you just peel the back off and stick direct to your bootlid.

If you are buying one from e-bay, be careful mate as there are some really cheap and nasty versions out there made of hard rubber with badly rounded ends.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
And mine! Looks like I've got the same one as Big A. I bought it off
ebay about a year and a half ago. Just under ?30 from a BMW tuner.
Again, cut to length and re-shaped at the end.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edit: Spot the deliberate mistake [:D]

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Id edit your pic if i were you [:p] Boots looking nice,thanks they are what i mean, i looked at one on a 3 series e46 and i looked very...uhm..banana shaped.Havnt compared it to my car but imagine it being alot straighter. Found some on ebay saying they straight fit Boras but they are fetching ?60+ primered.Im going to look about more as i want a proper nice fit.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Id edit your pic if i were you [:p] Boots looking nice,thanks they are what i mean, i looked at one on a 3 series e46 and i looked very...uhm..banana shaped.Havnt compared it to my car but imagine it being alot straighter. Found some on ebay saying they straight fit Boras but they are fetching ?60+ primered.Im going to look about more as i want a proper nice fit.
Mate the spoilers bend nearly in two they are very very flexible, which makes it easy to get the line perfect on your boot lid.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Sorry to go off topic slightly, but how much it your car lowered by Blue V5?  Notice your running 17" TT Comps and the height looks perfect.  Am about to switch from 18" RS4's to 17" Brock B2's and think your ride height looks spot on with 17's.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
35-40mm all round Big A, on FK Highsports. Not sure of the exact amount
but its pretty much on the bottom of the adjustment. I've got loads of
thread left.

Ah, don't go too much on that bottom pic with the back wheel tucked in
the arch. I parked across a heavily cambered road and it visually
screwed the suspension.

These are better indications. I think the ride height is just about right to be honest. Thanks for the compliments [:)]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sorry to go off topic!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Cheers mate, thought your car was lower than that. I was thinking about 50mm Eibach but didn't really want to go that low but 35-40mm looks spot on.

Once again, sorry to go off topic.

Andy

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cool, well seeing as they are flexible , all ive got to make sure is i get the length right, or maybe a bit longer, i know a chap who owns a Bmw salvage yard might pop up and offer him a drink or two. [;)]

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hello Chaps,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

I?ve got one of these flexible boot lip spoilers from ebay.<o:p></o:p>

I took it to the local body shop to get a quote and when I explained what it was and that I needed it painting, it was met with a sharp intake of breath.<o:p></o:p>

?These don?t need painting do they? What?s it made of ? seems very waxy.? etc<o:p></o:p>

Well it does need painting, as the spoiler is black and the car blue!<o:p></o:p>

Also as it?s flexible, how does that work with fitting it to the car?<o:p></o:p>

If it?s painted when ?straight? will the paint not suffer as it?s bent to fit along the curve of the boot?<o:p></o:p>

I don?t want to pay for a bodge job ? any advice would be welcome.<o:p></o:p>

Cheers,<o:p></o:p>

Ryan<o:p></o:p>

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
They should paint it using the same method as the bumpers, more plastic flex in the paint etc. The rub strips on the bumpers are probably just as flixible and they hold up pretty well to being flex'd during removal / fitting.

I'm interested in getting one of these spoiler lips - anyone have a link to the pucka ones on Ebay?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Posted Image

They are quite pricey but nice OEM quality, even have magnets that help hold it on, it is about ?100 from dealers.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts