Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys i soo badly want to remap my car but dont have the money to do so....

i have seen a chip that does it for you very cheap quick and fast easy to remove of fleebay...

i was wondering is it worth trying it out as its only £20 a chip inside the engine?

also anyone know in coventry area for timing belt as i dont know if its been changed? my garage hada look and its got original bag belt... dont know if its been changed?

thanks in advance guys....

·
Registered
352 Posts
Wouldnt fancy putting some 20 quid chip into my engine. If its too good to be true it normally is.

Remaps are only 199 at most places anyways and the results are fantastic done at the right places.

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Wouldnt fancy putting some 20 quid chip into my engine. If its too good to be true it normally is.

Remaps are only 199 at most places anyways and the results are fantastic done at the right places.
If only it was a 20 quid trip and not a 2p resistor in a plastic box filled with resin to hide the fact LOL

stay WELL away and get a real map when you have funds

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Go to maplin for a couple of resistors between 150 ohms and 300 ohms. remove the plug from the fuel temperature sensor and place resistor into connector. Take it for a drive and its then upto you if you want to run your car like that. but that's all thats fitted into the tuning boxes for £20.

I run the cheap resistor in a box for 120,000 miles with lots of smile but it does not have a patch on a proper map.

They do make your car smoke more than a proper remap.

27p with no comeback or £150+ with someone to punch if it all goes wrong.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thnaks guys....

makes sense and its actually only some resistors robbing basards.....

back to the drawing board.....

yeah money is the issue as timing belt needs replacing as its on 85k....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts