Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an R32 bootlid up for sale, which someone has enquired about.
They've asked if the bootlid will fit in the back of a Golf.

Stupid question to ask but would it fit??

I've not tried it out yet but wanted to know if anyone else has attempted it - before I go and snap my back trying [:D]

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Well it's an R32 but still a golf isn't it? So it should. On ETKA there's only one part number for a golf tailgate - 1J6 827 025 G, but it says "use 1J0 898 617 if required" I assume that's just a different number for the computer system, rather than a different physical part, otherwise it would be listed underneath on the ETKA screen, rather than next to.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Well it's an R32 but still a golf isn't it? So it should. On ETKA there's only one part number for a golf tailgate - 1J6 827 025 G, but it says "use 1J0 898 617 if required" I assume that's just a different number for the computer system, rather than a different physical part, otherwise it would be listed underneath on the ETKA screen, rather than next to.
I think he means in the boot as in if you went to pick it up in a golf would the new boot fit in the back of the car to get it home?

Sorry i;ve not tried it, but someone must of

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Oh right. I certainly got the wrong end of the stick!
I can fit a bora bonnet, wings, slam panel & bumper in my golf if that helps?

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
First time in went in flat with everything else on top of it, but the other few times it had to go in wonky as I couldn't repeat my initial triumph!

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Hi mark

yep it fits no problem , as long as ya put the back seat down , had to do that with one of mine i collected

put seat's down

hold with the bottom for the tailgate in ya left hand and the top of the tail gate in ya right hand have ya left hand slightly lower that ya right and move towards the back of the car slowly will fit no probs , then gently lower to the back of the car ....[;)]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts