Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help, got my golf a few weeks back and the boot will only lock/unlock with the key, the RCL works on all doors fine but doesn't work on the boot.

Searched on here and have tried replacing the boot latch (black bit that does the boot light) and the white servo motor but neither has worked. The boot light works fine.

All the mechanism moves by hand.

It appears for some reason the white servo that should move to allow it to lock unlock doesn't but the brand new one i got from VW doesn't move either.

I am wondering if i have no power getting to the servo.

I looked in the fuse box and noticed that there are two fuses labeled with a key which i assume are for central locking. Numbers 6 and 17, neither of these has a fuse in it, should they?

As i said the doors all lock and unlock by the RCL/key or internal button no problem. Alarm also works fine

Please help, many thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks mate, will have a look tomorrow if rain stops, if i find a break can i get a replacement loom and are they easy to fit? Do you know where they connect inside the car?

·
Super Moderator
8,769 Posts
I'm sure that my boot lock barrel could be positioned so that it didnt lock / unlock with the RCL. Have you checked that?

·
Registered
373 Posts
I have a similar problem and checked the key position, the position just means the actuator has no effect. I actually disconnected everything so the new actuator should have nothing to turn. There is a voltage spike when the central locking activates it just doesn't move the actuator. My next job was to take out the terminal connectors and check they are not corroded. Hopefully get the tool tomorrow. I will also check the wiring pictured, it would be good to get some voltage readings from working models to compare.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts