Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my mate fitted one in his golf and showed me wot to do but for me to do the same to my bora im stuck

he said the power comes off the light feed but i cant seem to find it on mine?

any 1 fitted or got 1 fitted to there bora?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have fitted one on my 03 Bora. Right hand side of the boot. The cable should be there with the connector already wired to the fuse box.

·
MK7 Golf R
1,011 Posts
Yep the cable was there on mine as well, just got the socket from a golf scrapper, cut a whole and just plugged in.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Root around near the rear right light cluster and sure enough you will find a loom where the socket connects to.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rite ok it realy has taken me this long to find the wire lol, found a conector it has 3 pins rectangle shape pulg with round terminals, is this the right 1 cos im sure wen lookin on a m8s g0lf he has flat terminals?

or a part number would be good please

·
Registered
654 Posts
But why would you want to light a cigarette in the boot? :)

Powering a mobile phone charger, PDA, GPS, portable fridge / tv etc etc [:D]

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I fitted one last week [:D] Blimey that trim is tough to cut too [:(]

I got the Beetle version that comes with a sprung "12v" cap to cover the hole up [:D]

Ideal for mini fridges etc [:)]

·
Registered
638 Posts
Quote: posted by david_h on 19/01/2005 21:12:06

But why would you want to light a cigarette in the boot? :)

I ahev one of the APC laptop bags that come with a power adapter which takes the place of the OEM one and can be used in car, planes, trains, foriegn countries etc. When I use my laptop when out, i normally only need it for around 20 minutes at a time, so cant be arsed plugging it in, but when I put it back in the boot, I plug it in and charges while I drive. Very useful thing to have.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
i've got four altogether in my car,

1 x front

1 x rear

2 x boot

not sure quite why so many are needed though [!]

My 2002 Bora SE had one as standard in the boot. I must admit, i thought it was standard fitment accross the Bora range.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I've found that the boot one is useful for running one of those tyre inflation pumps. Had to get an extension lead for it though because I only have one boot socket and the pump would not reach all the way round. A second socket on the other side of the boot would have been ideal in that situation.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi all. I was trying to find the wire for the socket in my Bora boot this morning, but I can't seem to find it.

It's an 02 Bora TDI 150 with the boot light on the left hand side.

Does a lot of the trim have to come off to find it?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts