Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Hi Pitbull

Had my AUM remapped by Jabba on tues, what bhp/torque did you get?

I got 231bhp at the engine, 201bhp at the wheels, with 310 torque, 1.2 bar

Red Gixer

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Pitbull

Red Gixer
Mate i was the there for PM session sitting next to you ..

On my standard AUM other than a DV and airbox smoothing i got

227bhp at the engine, 198 at the wheel with 313 torque

Quite pleased with that on a standard lump..

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Hi Pitbull

Red Gixer
Mate i was the there for PM session sitting next to you ..

On my standard AUM other than a DV and airbox smoothing i got

227bhp at the engine, 198 at the wheel with 313 torque

Quite pleased with that on a standard lump..
310 and 313 torque that is Nm rather than ftlb, as that seems very high and I'm sure Jabba measure torque as Nm, therefore the torque figure should be around 240ftlb

Both your figures look about right... what fuel did you both use?

My bar is between 1.4 and 1.6, I think, but when they told me I was not really listening....so I don't really know.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm running Tesco's 99RON.

How much difference would the fuel make.

As seeing by Red Gixers Sig he's running CAT back and CAI with not as much power difference as i would hope to get from these mods ?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts

As seeing by Red Gixers Sig he's running CAT back and CAI with not as much power difference as i would hope to get from these mods ?
I love Jabbasport and my car is pushing out 253bhp and 269lbft on an AUM<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Engine mods are mainly:<o:p></o:p>

Air filter <o:p></o:p>

Up rated side intercooler<o:p></o:p>

Sports CAT<o:p></o:p>

Anni Milltek Exhaust<o:p></o:p>

Plus some other bits and bobs to make the engine breath better.<o:p></o:p>

That is with Optimax 98RON, but I now use Tesco 99RON mixed with Optimax (a great mix)<o:p></o:p>

Try and put the highest RON/Octane as possible as this will result in the fuel burning more efficiently and increase performance.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts

I love Jabbasport and my car is pushing out 253bhp and 269lbft on an AUM<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

That is with Optimax 98RON, but I now use Tesco 99RON mixed with Optimax (a great mix)<o:p></o:p>

Try and put the highest RON/Octane as possible as this will result in the fuel burning more efficiently and increase performance.
I have basically the same but a GHL 3' downpipe/cat. My car was RR'd on optimax and made 220bhp/220lbsft. With the SMIC and only using optimax it stills pulls timing badly.

Jabba rollers claimed 235bhp with only a carbonio.

I think the car could be a lot stronger but who knows. You should go to a dastek RR so all jabba cars can compare figures.

I know GaryM and EddyH are both using FMIC's, high timing/octane to get there figures...

·
Registered
1,934 Posts

I have basically the same but a GHL 3' downpipe/cat. My car was RR'd on optimax and made 220bhp/220lbsft. With the SMIC and only using optimax it stills pulls timing badly.

I think the car could be a lot stronger but who knows. You should go to a dastek RR so all jabba cars can compare figures.

I know GaryM and EddyH are both using FMIC's, high timing/octane to get there figures...
Some engines just tune better than others and also my engine gets treated like a member of the family... the engine has very low mileage, gets great quaility oil and fuel (I've never had any lower than 97 Octane fuel in it since new). The engine is always warmed up and down before and after use.

The car has been on four different rolling roads this year

253bhp was on the Jabba rolling road (cold weather)

247bhp in 32C heat at Engine Advantages Ltd (Essex Meet) where other forum members saw it on the rolling road. The guys at Engine Advantages Ltd even asked me what I had done as they were suprised at the figures produced. Forgot to mention that part of the under tray was rubbing on the rollers, so the figure may be a little higher.

Plus 251bhp and 249bhp at local rolling roads

I have been told that my engine is producing the max with out getting a different turbo.

I personally think the myth of the Jabba rollers being incorrect is not true, well not for me.

I have taken forum members out in my car that own Golfs with Revo + 4bar (bhp of around 220 - 230) and other mods and they have all said that my car is mega fast.

I also have an atmospheric dump valve, which people say lose power, again on most cars it will, but on mine it works.

I just believe that not all engines are the same and that they can react differently to certain mods/add ons. I'm just lucky as I have a good engine from the factory.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
AFAIK the ko3s can't provide enough airflow for that power?!

The jabba rollers do misread, it has been proven on many cars. If the figures are true why has no one else been able to achieve them? Surely we can't all have weak engines?! I have no doubt if i had a fmic and some octane booster in the tank i'd make more power but your figures do seem abnormally high. Your car must suffer from heatsoak badly on warm days?

I know its of your opinion your car is over 250bhp, the only reason i ask you to dyno it on a dastek is to compare figures to see how dastek/jabba/whatever brand of rollers compare. If you making similar power then I/other owners have reason to complain as our maps obviously aren't as well done.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Hmmm.. I also have a Jabba tuned car.. AUM with a whole heap of cash lobbed at bolt-on's... pretty much everything bar a FMIC mine made 233bhp... as for low mileage it tends to be the higher milage "looser" engines that make big HP especailly in the VW range..its well know that a well loosened gti will spank a fresh out of the box example (remember Top Gear) 250+hp from a ko3s equiped car seems a little high.. the ko3 is areodynamically chalanged to say the least... the gas flow of a beer mat springs to mind... but if its going well and keeping you happy thats the main thing!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts

Who did the custom re map on your car, to give you 235?

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Jabba did the remap, the point is it is not 235bhp.....

Supposedly it was 235bhp with a carbonio.

Now that is has a turboback exhaust, TIP, forge smic etc etc it was dynoed at 220bhp...

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
If the figures are true why has no one else been able to achieve them?
If you are reffering to other Golf owners then I don't know what mods they have done or how they treat their cars.

Tuner wise then I guess is how they prefer to tune cars, whether is higher torque, reliability, or the best of everything. Plus i don't know what hardware/software they use.

Surely we can't all have weak engines?!
I don't remeber saying this but I guess if that is your opinion of everyones engine then that's up to you

Your car must suffer from heatsoak badly on warm days?
On very hot days, I turn the boost levels down, so no I don't suffer badly from heat soak. Plus the ECS tuning air filter, with large amounts of cold air and the uprated side intercooler sort things for me.

I know its of your opinion your car is over 250bhp
I don't remember saying that this was my opinion.

If I have four graphs from four different rolling road companies saying that my car is running at the 250bhp mark, so I guess it is a fact and not an opinion. When I have my car tested I never tell them what power I am expecting, nor do I tell them who modded the engine. So I guess if they all have inaccurate rolling roads then it must be a massive coincident that they all come out with the same figures.

the only reason i ask you to dyno it on a dastek is to compare figures to see how dastek/jabba/whatever brand of rollers compare.
How many rollers would I need to go on to prove that my figures are correct?

Where are dastek as I am more than confident to put my car on the rollers.

If you making similar power then I/other owners have reason to complain as our maps obviously aren't as well done.
As mentioned earlier not all engine come out of the factory the same. Even Michael at Jabbasport was suprised at my figures.

It seems like you have a problem with Jabbasport

·
Registered
1,934 Posts

I know people with Revo and 4 bar + Carbonio and they have figures of 227bhp and 274 torque... so I guess Revo by your calculations.... means that they are also inaccurate

·
Registered
1,934 Posts

Now that is has a turboback exhaust, TIP, forge smic etc etc it was dynoed at 220bhp...
So where did you have the rolling road done when you had the figures of 220bhp?

I have never heard of Dastek... are they an independent rolling road or do they do tuning?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Just had my AUM remapped by Jabba, what should i expect my boost to peak and hold at ?
@ thechief

why don't you just answer pitbulladams's question?

and leave your problems with Jabba and myself out of it.

I have never comunicated with you or participated in any topics with you except for asking you about your front grill many months ago, so I'm not to sure why you have a problem with my car...

1 - 20 of 60 Posts