Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

recently bought a 2001 golf t (AUM) and i think it may have a boost leak owing to the fact that as soon as the boost comes in it it starts to go very flat, it has a standard dump valve on it which sounds very fluttery... and even without backing off the throttle u can hear the dump valve fluttering where its loosing boost. i unplugged the maf cos i figured if that wasnt giving a reading then any unmetered air wouldnt really affect it and by rights it should run better (i may be totally wrong??) without it plugged in it does run better.

wondering if any one else has had similar problems, i havent got vag com as yet but to be fair i wouldnt have a clue what to do with it..!?

any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Will give that a go, such a pain to get to the intercooler to have a proper look at the hoses, am I right in thinking it's a bumper off job?

·
Registered
352 Posts
intercooler isnt hard to get to. simply need to take the front bumper off. here's a really good link on how to do it .

might need to remove headlamp if ur guna replace it urself.

if its blowing u will be loosing loads of boost. I changed mine today and it feels like a totally different car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts