Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i put my foot down on my pd130 i get a loud screeching when on full boost the only way i can describe it is it sounds like a fanbelt slipping could this be a boost leak or something else?[*-)]

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah this just screeches when it hits boost,[facepalm] now i dont know my way around an engine so wot am i looking for and where pmsl

·
TEAM 88 MOTORSPORT
8,901 Posts
look for the big pipe that comes from the turbo(back of engine) to behind the drivers front wheel, up behind the headlight (drivers side) to intercooler and up accross the top of the engine to the inlet manifold. Check the pipes on the route above for secureness and leaks.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
as ur lookin at the engine bay the big black pipe that comes from the left hand side and goes down under the car should it have a jubilee clip holding it on?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the hose sits next to the coolant bottle looks like this hose has had some sort of clip on it b4 it could well have bn a spring clip tho buts its awfully slack i think this might be the problem i'll get a photo up

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Posted Image
see this pipe here i think this is where the leak is comin from could i be right? if so wots the best way to deal with it?

·
TEAM 88 MOTORSPORT
8,901 Posts
If you mean where the black pipe goes inside the alloy thing (EGR) then no there is no jubile clip. There is a seal inside there though. If you remove the spring clip it pulls out. The clip or pipe may be worn. Do you have any oil leaking from the joint?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ive not checked for oil tbh but is this a possibility where im gettin my boost leak? and where does that pipe lead to its dark outside pmsl[whistle]

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
rigfh i went outside and i put the light on my phone and checked that pipe that leads from there down and to the drivers side wheel like you said i pushed in the pipe in the pic above and that was ok so i searched further down and came across this

Posted Image

there is a small hole in the pipe can u see it? and i think that could be my problem

1 - 20 of 46 Posts