Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey

I've searched this forum many times but have still to find an exact answer to my question:

I have a none-DBW 1.8T. I recently got it revo'd and as much i like the upgrade, i was wondering whether its possible to up the boost more?

Anyone got experience of this on my type of engine?

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
557 Posts
N75J or H valve

MBC

K03s turbo

turbo back exhaust

in addition to increase power

bigger intercooler

samco intake pipe

depends where you want to stop.

The best place to start would be the N75 valve. You get them from VAG. Either may work, either may not. Suck it and see really.

·
Registered
445 Posts
i dont see why you cant up the boost but i dont know if the revo code will make the best of it. i think you can up it by winding the actuater in or out i think.someone may be more help on this..

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
you will need to get a manual bost controller and fit in line to the pipe that goes from the turbo to the n75 valve.

You dont want to be fiddling with winding in actuators.

·
Registered
445 Posts
the reason i say use the actuator is that my k03s/jabba car is now boosting at 1.6bar instead of the 1.4bar it was set up to run at,the boost went up after fitting a new maf. so i spoke to mike at jabba and he said wind the actuator in 4 turns and this will bring the boost down.do you think the manual boost controller would be better?

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
If you are trying to increase the boost by a few psi i would say yes for the simple fact that a boost controller is more controlable than winding out the actuator.

Starry in your case where your car was mapped for a certain psi and you needed to reduce the boost you were right to wind in the actuator because an mbc is only good for increaseing the boost when used with the N75.

Now if you were removing the N75 altogether it would be a different story[:D]

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
1 bar ?

What bhp you got there jubbly?

by what ive seen on here that boost level seem quite reserved for a K03s

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
well acording to my Jabba rolling road session 239 bhp 263lbs ft, either that or my brand new boost gauge is poo!!

Does it make any difference where the gauge is plumbed to? I split the pipe with a t piece from the metal pipe to the dump valve acroos the top of the engine.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
yeah the positioning of your t-piece should be ok.239 bhp with only 1 bar seems odd though.

What guague you got there ?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Can't remember I will check it at lunchtime, It was only ?40 off ebay but it lit up same blue as my clocks.

I'm sure **** from Jabba said, when the car was in, it was only set to 15psi, my turbo's actuator was sticking at the time though. Now it isn't(after I got a replacement turbo to!)

·
Registered
445 Posts
jubbly, i have pretty much the same set up as you and put out the same power but that was running 1.4bar of boost which is a lot more than your running if you gauge is correct, which i dont think it can be. mike at jabba told me 1.4/1.5bar is max. but not sure what that is in psi.

·
Registered
445 Posts
jubbly, i have pretty much the same set up as you and put out the same power but that was running 1.4bar of boost which is a lot more than your running if you gauge is correct, which i dont think it can be. mike at jabba told me 1.4/1.5bar is max. but not sure what that is in psi.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
From what another thread said 1 bar is about 15 psi, I keep meaning to give mike a call but just haven't had chance yet.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Quote: posted by Mo on 24/03/2005 08:21:59

yeah the positioning of your t-piece should be ok.239 bhp with only 1 bar seems odd though.

What guague you got there ?

Almost forgot about this the gauge is a "stein" means nothing to me at all.[:(]

·
Registered
318 Posts
Wind up the boost too much without lowering the compression ratio of the engine and you`ll finish up with a nice hole in the side of your engine block and a repair bill to match.Most high boost tuners use thicker head gaskets made from steel to achieve this safely.

[:)]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts