Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey.

My bonet release pull handle broke off from the constant bonnet opening (daily top ups of coolant :p). Problem fixed now.

I ordered the plastic part, but there is no pin with it, and nobody sells the pins with the tab. There is no part number for the pin on ETKA, it's not mentioned.

Anyone dealt with the problem before?

I did a bit of digging and there is a company that sells anadised aluminium pull tabs for £40.

Wondering if anyone came across the same problem and fixed it. I'm not sure if using a nylon threaded nut and bolt would be sensible solution.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
nvm, did some more research and it turns out that this part isn't really sold alone, it comes in the bonnet release unit only. The most cost effiective thing to do is to use cable ties apparantly.

·
No more Mods....Yeah right !
1,451 Posts
Can just use a Clevis pin of the right diameter to fit in the hole and an 'R' clip to retain it

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can just use a Clevis pin of the right diameter to fit in the hole and an 'R' clip to retain it
bloody brilliant idea mate. I didn't know what it was called but that's a solution by the video here:

but they discontinued the product, but knowing the name makes it easy to find.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
paid £4 for a bloody clevis pins but it did the trick. The size I used was m3x12, it fits perfectly.

·
No more Mods....Yeah right !
1,451 Posts
paid £4 for a bloody clevis pins but it did the trick. The size I used was m3x12, it fits perfectly.
Mine I bought years ago > Clevis Pin 3mm Dia X 10mm

Always taking grill off for one reason or another and the Clevis Pin is a really good way retaining the bonnet pull

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the clevis pin didn't last. The R clip must've come undone at some point. The cotter pin looks better than the R clips to secure it.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
this is the picture from the listing I bought it from... the r clips supplied were just far too big.
Nickel Household hardware Tool Auto part Keychain

1 - 10 of 10 Posts