Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinkin bout gettin a black bonnet bra for my mk4, Was wanderin if any1 has got pics of 1 fitted to a jazz blue golf?

Or ideas on how people think it would look.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats it, do ya think it would look any good on a jazz blue golf.

Thats the main reason i wanted 1, cus i think they look smart.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I?m not jumping on this thread to be a d*ck but in my eyes they look crap
and spoil the car. Is there any reason people have these other than because
they think they look good? <o:p></o:p>

Protecting your bonnet from stone chips in the winter maybe?<o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

If it?s just for style I feel sorry for your poor golf?s [:O] But hey if
everyone liked the same thing it would be a boring world.<o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
225 Posts
Each to thier own, mine is there to protect the paint on the motorway, not at the moment tho as its too wet, I ussualy just fit if if i'm off on a long trek as I was fed up with geting the bonnet painted every year on my old golf

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
I?m not jumping on this thread to be a d*ck but in my eyes they look crap
and spoil the car. Is there any reason people have these other than because
they think they look good? <o:p></o:p>

If it?s just for style I feel sorry for your poor golf?s [:O] But hey if
everyone liked the same thing it would be a boring world.<o:p></o:p>
Everyone to their own mate. I think they look great, especially on the silver cars and yes they do protect from stone chips aswell. I'm sure I've seen a blue golf with a bra on around here somewhere...

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
I?m not jumping on this thread to be a d*ck but in my eyes they look crap and spoil the car. Is there any reason people have these other than because they think they look good? <?xml:namespace prefix = o /><o:p></o:p>

If it?s just for style I feel sorry for your poor golf?s [:O] But hey if everyone liked the same thing it would be a boring world.<o:p></o:p>
I have the same views - i hate them. All the american seem to like them but a lot of cars come out of the show rooms in the midwest with them as standard on a lot of different makes. That's mostly to do with insects though. When i lived over there they have names like bug guard and bug deflector and stuff like that. Never a mention of stone chips. So, they are common place in america and people call them euro styling????

A good few people are getting them over here now for some reason, they probably like them just because they're different. Lets be honest, the cost of a bonnet respray once in maybe 4-5 years (realisticly) isn't going to cost too much and you doesn't spoil the look of the car. Even to someone as fussy as me, i've never had the bonnet resprayed but would consider it maybe next year. I'd still never put a bra on the car.

That's my rant over, i'm just voicing an opinion.

Baz

P.S. laminex do a full clear plastic cover for the front of a golf that sticks on and is almost completely invisible.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I?m not jumping on this thread to be a d*ck but in my eyes they look crap and spoil the car. Is there any reason people have these other than because they think they look good? <O:p></O:p>

Protecting your bonnet from stone chips in the winter maybe?<O:p></O:p>

?<O:p></O:p>

If it?s just for style I feel sorry for your poor golf?s [:O] But hey if everyone liked the same thing it would be a boring world.<O:p></O:p>
I have the same views - i hate them.? All the american seem to like them but a lot of cars come out of the show rooms in the midwest with them as standard on a lot of different makes.? That's mostly to do with insects though.? When i lived over there they have names like bug guard and bug deflector and stuff like that.? Never a mention of stone chips.? So, they are common place in america and people call them euro styling????

A good few people are getting them over here now for some reason, they probably like them just because they're different.? Lets be honest, the cost of a bonnet respray once in maybe 4-5 years (realisticly) isn't going to cost too much and you doesn't spoil the look of the car.? Even to someone as fussy as me, i've never had the bonnet resprayed but would consider it maybe next year.? I'd still never put a bra on the car.

That's my rant over, i'm just voicing an opinion.

Baz

P.S. laminex do a full clear plastic cover for the front of a golf that sticks on and is almost completely invisible.
?i have one for thre bonnet and bumper on my bolf, and when you have to drive it ervery day and take it to shows and have the paint imaculat its very hard to do if you dont have the bra tbh,
i put mine on for long journys and like now when its icy and the gritters are out as the grit causes a lot of damage!
the clear covers are not that good after seeing them on a few cars i would never have it done id rather have the bra and bumper cover on and be able to take it off when needed,?they may not look good to everyone and may look good to others, but who cares they are their to protect the front end lol

tom

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
I am totall against having my car painted METAL WORK WISE as it spoils the factory finish of the car imo

never realy likes the bra but looking back now i wish i had got one when the car was new

i will be painting the bumper and doing the stone chips myself but NEVER will it have a respray at any bodyshop!!

dont get me wront there are some tidy paint shops out there just not any VERY GOOD ONES!!

BRA ALL THE WAY even if i dont have one but i will be defo getting one

just think when you paint over the factory finish you devalue the car and most traders will use a paint tester to see if it has been painted or filled

and when the little light shows RED it money off time as most wil think it is a accident repair even when it might not be afraid to say

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Think they are the magnets that hold it down with sort of handles to pull them off?

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
they are wind reflectors to hold the rear to the bonet

not magnetic as it would attract dust and scratch
They are wind deflectors. As I mentioned before in america about the bug deflectors: They cause an air current or air flow over the 2 parts of the windscreen that the passenger and driver are looking out of so that insects get caught in it and pushed out over the roof instead of straight into the glass. Having lived in south dakota, they are pretty useful when the mozzys are in season and the difference of having it is noticeable.

Baz

·
Registered
80 Posts
I got my 'BUG BRA' from the US for only $32 !! I have seen them for sale in the UK for crazy prices. I have been using it for my many months and am very happy with it.

My sister in law has one on her Anni too. You have to be careful though as she left it on for ages and got a lot of grit down the back on it, causing the bonnet to get scratched !! I know that kinda goes against the main point but with proper use, cleaning and maintenance they work very well.

I am on the motorway everyday and it defo protects my bonnet quite well. The funniest thing though it the amount of head turning it causes! People really eye ball it and I can see them wondering what the hell it is. I have also got a lot of slagging from guys in my last job who simply cannot understand what it is for!! I don't bother listening to them... :)

Freeglide

·
Registered
615 Posts
I got my 'BUG BRA' from the US for only $32 !! I have seen them for sale in the UK for crazy prices.

Freeglide
Can I ask where you got it from in the States? I'm intrested in obtaining one for my Bora.

Thanks.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Im in the market for a car bra...does anywere no of a place in the Uk were I can source a full front bra including bumper?

Seen Auto-Bra do a bonnet bra at ?65..anyone seen something similiar any cheaper other then ebay????

Help would be great as going to buy one in the next few days when I can find a place that does them

·
Registered
80 Posts
I got my 'BUG BRA' from the US for only $32 !! I have seen them for sale in the UK for crazy prices.

Freeglide
Can I ask where you got it from in the States? I'm intrested in obtaining one for my Bora.

Thanks.
I got mine from https://www.1stvwparts.com

They only ship to the US though. I was able to get it shipped to my work US address and got it taken back for me.

Freeglide

1 - 20 of 33 Posts