Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you know, I have been a police officer for about 6 years and love my job to bits. I work hard and am polite to people.

I pride myself on putting in 100% and trying to help as many people as possible. And what does it get you?

Somebody has found out where I live and torched my BOLF on my drive.

Worst thing is that I never, ever park the car on the drive. I have done last night as the sump is cracked and I need to repair it.

I don't need to now as there is hardly anything left of it. The car was right next to the gas meter and I have no idea how the house never went up with it.

I am so angry. I am just glad that my 10 month old little girl was at my mums last night.

I have got loads of pics but am unable to post just yet, due to the fire burning through my phone lines.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Jesus, this is awful! I do hope that things work out for you and there are people that have seen who have done this and are as sickened as we all are, and that they are willing to help you! Hopefully they'll not get away with this. A car's a car (even a VW) but the mindless idiots could have caused any number of deaths but torching it on a drive next to a property....

Just unbelievable. Pure scum as you rightly say.

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
OH mate really feel for you fella[:|]

Totally gutted

i hope you get hold of them and your custody sarge give?s you a minuet alone with them in the cells!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to here you are all ok[Y]

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Really sorry to hear about that.. Glad everyone is OK... Metal can be replaced people can't.. Hope you manage to catch the scum & throw the book at who ever it was. 

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Sorry to hear that mate, at the end of the day you just do your job, bloody pikey scum that then tries to punish you for making the streets safer, know what I'd rather see torched, shame polyester gives off toxic fumes though........

Cars a car though at the end of the day, and no one was hurt, thats the main thing.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I don't think we've conversed on the forum before dub warrior2, but I remember reading many of your posts of the forum with interest and I have always been impressed with the respect and professionalism you apply 'off-duty', even on some of the more heated and 'anti-establishment' threads.

Can I just say, I feel totally and utterly sick for you. Anyone in the services has my utter respect as there is a big part of you that is doing the job to help people, not only to earn a living, and make the country a better place to be.

I am so glad you and your family are ok after the mindless destruction some mindless 'idiot' (said with as much restraint I can muster) has caused. As many people will say, a car can be replaced, but I can fully appreciate it will take time to overcome such an event at your home.

I hope the members on the forum can give plenty of support in this hard time for you.

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
That's horrible mate! After all the work you've put in to both your car and the community then something as awful as this happens! It's unbelievable! I really hope you get this sorted out as quickly and painlessly as possible! Just remember that everyone is here for you.

·
Registered
134 Posts
sorry to hear that mate, its a job i have always wanted to do. its shame really the amount of people you have helped over the last 6 years and this is what happens.

hope you catch them!!! any leads??

·
Registered
244 Posts
Well i dont think i can realy touch on what Dave J, wrote !

I'm just glad, you and your family are ok [;)]

Dave

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Shoot mate that sucks. There are some real vermin about, but then again you know that better than us. Although the "metal can be replaced? things are right, such idiots that risk things like this (you could have been killed and arson is pretty serious) have a screw lose. You must be worried now they know where you live..?

Hang in there, get the troops to rally round and find these dangerous nutters, get them down the nick and make sure they "fall down the stairs" good and proper. I am afraid its the only thing these people understand.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Gutted for you mate are you sure they know it was your car and not just some scum bag having what they class as fun?

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Sorry to hear that, but glad nobody was hurt. Really upset me.

I hope you catch the scum that did it.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts