Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well its that time of year again, preparing for the coming shows,
after walkin round the bolf inspecting the bodywork, i have noticed a nuber of laarge scratches and chips which means i need to repray , the front left wing bumper, right front wing, sideskirts and wing mirrors, along with my new rline rear bumper, im also having the rub stips on the doors smoothed,?

so do you folks think i shud either:
-repary the car a new colouror-stick with the pearl black

was thinking of silverstone grey if i do have a new colour with a black roof mirrors, but at the same ime i know the black looks nice so im stuck with what to do,cooments and ideas more than welcome

cheers?
tom

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
IMO I love Black, it's the best colour as long as is clean.

I think you should keep it black, it looks stunning as it is mate.

The new rear should look nice as well.

·
Registered
555 Posts
how about nimbus grey from the audi tt?

with red leather retrim inside,maybe baseball stitch aswell

would make your car cover car

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol pink it is, will how muh u recon p&l wud charge for a respray? went up 2day but they was shut

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how about nimbus grey from the audi tt?

with red leather retrim inside,maybe baseball stitch aswell

would make your car cover car
oh loving the nimbus grey!! hmmmmm damn cars it will make me bankcrupt some day

·
Registered
924 Posts
not be too much with paul, i'll go up with you...dont go for flip colour because you be ending up with chav.com.

keep it black!!!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok ill call ya, loving the nimbus grey now, nah im gunna have a vag colour, might keep it black still n just have more smoothing done or sumin all depends on price

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
was thinking of silverstone grey if i do have a new colour with a black roof mirrors,cheers?
tom
sounds like the best idea [y] - it's a handy one as your car's black anyway so you wouldn't need to paint the engine bay as it'd look good with the theme. I'd be looking at least ?2.5k to have it done right though mate but you know it would be an amazing car [:D][y]

·
Registered
165 Posts
the new honda civic has some really strange'ish colours..the green and stuff....there is also that BMW paint which is pretty rare, a combat greenish but a slight flip to it god knows what it is called.

Toyota also do an interesting grey, which looks a bit like nimbus grey but with a slightly different slant.

If your going for a respray..do something a little different..nimbus grey is done to death! (still looks amazing but done to death.) A more modern colour i think would go well with the bolf look

·
Registered
60 Posts
thats y i said to go with a slight flip to it cos it would still be the colour everyone seems to love but it would still be different without being chav

·
Registered
632 Posts
If you want to keep the resale value stick with black or the grey but if you want a cover car try an engine out full respray in Lambo metallic orange.[:D]

Gorgeous colour.

Be able to pick you out round town a bit easier too.

·
Registered
297 Posts
there is also that BMW paint which is pretty rare, a combat greenish but a slight flip to it god knows what it is called.
YES!!!! haha, I've been trying to explain that colour to all my friends but i cant find a picture anywhere! I think it was only done on the BMW compacts as a limited edition. Stunning colour though.

Oh, and i'm loving the grey the use on the Mitsi FQ400 - very classy

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
i never like the idea of changing a cars colour as it will always have traces of the original colour orless you go for a full on stripped bare shell respray. KEEP THE BLACK!!!!! maybe have some extra metal flake but in? iv seen a black golf that had the out side painted with extra colours of flake and it looked great and still look original.

gray

1 - 20 of 25 Posts