Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mentioned to a guy at work about front end swaps on the golf and bora. He was saying it couldn't be done so i said it could and then have tried to find a picture on the forum but haven't been able to.

Can anyone post up some pics or point me in the right direction of pics on the forum please?

I would try and continue to look but have to go and do some personal training.

Cheers for the help guys

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Definately can be done, I'm actually doing the conversion next weekend all being well on my Bora.  Will get some pics up when its done for you.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
This is one thing me and sonny was plannin on doing, as im going to be
lookin for a new car in the next 6 months as i'll have been driving for
a year then and im liking the bora's so me and sonny were thinking if i
could get a bora in reflex silver then we could both do a front end
swap, would look cool to see both cars driving together and people
going wtf how come hes got a bora front end on a golf and visa-versa
haha lol

Sat

·
Registered
346 Posts
That looks weird, but strangly good. Are you happy with it dub? Ive seen a bora with a golf front end and that really does suit the bora.

·
Registered
352 Posts
How much is one looking at to do the conversion to buy the parts new... I'm thinking.

• New bonnet
  • New lights
  • New wings
  • New bumper
  • Arch trim
I think thats all you need isn't it? I want to do it but cant find a Jazz blue Bora owner!

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
How much is one looking at to do the conversion to buy the parts new... I'm thinking.

• New bonnet
  • New lights
  • New wings
  • New bumper
  • Arch trim

I think thats all you need isn't it? I want to do it but cant find a Jazz blue Bora owner!
Also need front grille, lower valance and slam panel. Hope thats all, will tell you in two weeks time when mine will hopefully be finished[:D]

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
dub warrior:

Which front grille is that and how much was it for the half moons to be welded and smoothed etc?

Also, what is the valance? Loving that Bora front end!

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
dub_warrior, your Bolf looks really cool! I really want to do that to mine now!

Just out of interest anybody, what would/do insurance companies make of this?

·
Registered
274 Posts
You do not need to change the slam panel at all, this is a popular misconception but not true

The wheels are a set of Khan replicas that I recently had to buy as I kerbed one of the older Adavantage rims.

The grille is a debadged item from off ebay. Cost about ?40 I think. Came with a crappy plastic half moon that I threw away and had the bonnet welded up professionally with a double skinned piece of steel. My bodyshop (perfect panels) did a fantastic job and repainted the bonnet aswell for ?180. The paintwork is perfect and well polished with none of that nasty orange peel effect in the lacquer.

The front valance shown in the pics is an Oettinger model that came free with the swap but I recently smashed it to bits on a speed bump so I have a v6 bora unit being painted at the moment. Will post updated pics soon.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Just out of interest anybody, what would/do insurance companies make of this?
Not sure about other insurance bods, but Adrian Flux aren't bothered by this mod. Asked them twice about it and it doesn't affect my policy at all.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
There is an old wives tail I heard on Vortex years ago about a guy who
took a Golf for a 24 hour test drive from a local Ma and Pa dealership.
He had a Jetta the exact same colour at home, so did the swap in the
afternoon....took the Golf back the next day saying it wasn't for him,
complete with a Jetta nose....and they didn't notice!

I'd like to believe its true [:)]

I like Bolfs but not a fan of Goras....don't think the Golf headlights
sit well on the Bora so was never tempted when I had mine

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
mine with new rims on for show seasion (not on at mo tho :-( ) always have people stopping to have a look oftern with a confused face lol

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
mine with new rims on for show seasion (not on at mo tho :-( ) always have people stopping to have a look oftern with a confused face lol
Looks ace. What front grille have you got? Also, where did you get the eyebrows?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts