Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just been to a bodyshop in derby to get a pricing, £400 for:smoothed rub stripsarial removed and smoothed rear bumper fitted and then full outer re-spray of the car as its easyer than blending etc
does this sound about right? sounds a great price but thought i'd check,

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
sounds like its missin a 1 in front of the price...have you seen there work? ask to see it before you go for it. if its good work then u have a bargain but i was quoted a £900 just for havin the side painted and 2 bumpers with the rub strips tuk out the sides.....

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
decided their work will be pants at that price so going with hardcorevw in lincoln they will charge me aroun 900

·
Registered
857 Posts
Is that the bloke off Edition 38's forums? By the looks of his work you cant go wrong with him, thinking about taking mine there for the golfs next bodywork mods.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah it is mate, seen his work and its very good, a mates got his mk1 with him at mo, hes expensive but u get ya moneys worth

·
Registered
843 Posts
I use a company called MARC in Melton

They've done loads of cover cars for mags and also do cars for top 555

There not that cheap but their work is top noch

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
£400 is WAAAAY too cheap. I presume they would be using different grades of cheeses. [:p] It cost me near enough £400 to have 1 bumper smoothed!!!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol, they must be propper shody, thats why theirs no chance im going with them, who did you doors and wings mike and how much was it if you dont mind me asking, as yours are top notch and might give them a call

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I used urmston bodyshop but he wont take on this kind of work no-more. Too much time, hassle etc. Not many places these days actaully know how much work and time is involved with smoothing, and thats why my geezer wont take it on no-more. Even PF autos that have done Pete's bronze MK4 golf (along with some other ED38 cars) is NOT taking on ANY VW's no-more, just far too much hassle. Its so hard to find a decent bodyshop these days.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I know what you mean Mike I went to a few bodyshops before and they were just a bit cheaper than the place I go now but you certainly get what you pay for. I would now definatly prefer to pay that little bit more and get the job done properly. I had a few marks on my car when I 1st took it out the body shop, but the thing was they pointed them out to me, I didn't even have to have a look at it. But cause I was going to le mans they just said take it there and we'll do all your stone chips and finish the little marks off when you get back, for nothing, which I thought was awesome of them.

I do have to say I do like there work on my car and a lot of others.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I Had a little accident with my car today...I Live in Harrogate..does anyone know of a good body/paint shop to bring my car to?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts