Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Saw a transporter full of them on the M25 the other day.

On the telly i didnt much like them, but have to say they look rather mean

in the flesh !

The boot looks bigger for all the hairdressing equipment.

·
Registered
58 Posts
its a lovely lookin car, but bmw couldnt pruduce something ugly if they tried.

as for the one with the body kits - HELL YEA!!!!

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Standard car is a bold statement, and will grow on people. I don't much care for it, but do have a thing about some BMW's.

That AC Schnitzer bodykit makes it look like a bad trip to Halfords.

I am sure some tuners like Hartge will release understated kits, which enhance the basic car in a subtle way.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I have to say that I actually like the one with the kit (the front is nice, but the back looks a little starship enterprise). The missus has got her eye on one...

We have pretty much decided that we are going to splash out next summer and get a new soft top, either new or second hand depending on the car/price.

This is one of the contenders - but it would have to be the 2.5 version and not the 3.0 because of the price. Also in the running is a Tuscan, beetle and of all things a new smart roadster. I preffer the "sportier" cars, and the missus the more relaxed fun cars (the smart and the beetle) though I have to say a 4 seater convertible like the beetle does have a certain attraction - then I can at least take a couple of mates out in it at the same time. I saw a nice 3 series convertible at my local BMW garage the other day, so I suppose thats in the running too.

Well - Ive got 12 months to make up my mind (which will take some doing) - and I may win the lottery between now and then, in which case it would be an R32, a Hummer and a 360 spider.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Wish

The boot looks bigger for all the hairdressing equipment.
The Z4 is moving up a class from the Z3 apparently- proper Boxster rival this time. I would hardly call it a hairdressers car.

The looks are always odd on TV and in the press...its been out in the US for a couple of months now and I saw a few on the road last week- much better in the metal. Trying to talk Mum into it as a replacement for the SLK...but it doesnt have that roof, so shes not taken.

Oh, Ill have to admit that my aunt is replacing her Z3 with one...and she owns a chain of hairdressers (no joke)[;)]

·
Registered
21 Posts
Awster - BMW can produce an ugly car....the new 7er is a prime example and the terrible European sales figures prove this! Apparantly the 6-series coupe launch is being delayed a little because they are having to change the back end as it looked too similar to the 7er.

The Z4 is a very nice car but just the like the new 5er is receiving a mixed reception. However, the one thing we can be sure of is that a BMW will always be a great car to drive (hopefully!).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts