Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seen an ad stating that the 1 series is being released in the Autumn.

I was under the impression these were out already as I saw a gold coloured 116i about a month ago on the M62 near Goole. The guy driving it looked like a regular business driver, shirt tie etc. Nothing to indicate that this was a test model.

Am I seeing things? Anyone else seen one?

·
Registered
299 Posts
I've seen one too - but unsurprisingly, near BMW UK.

I've got a 120d Sport on order for the other half - ETA is end of September.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Was looking at a brochure on Friday for the new 1 series, think it looks quite smart.

Not seen the pics of the 3dr yet, but if they have plans for an M1, i'd like that [:D]

·
Registered
5 Posts
apparently there wont be an M1 cos BMW did that already but they are rumoured to be working on a coupe version being an M2 to be on sale no later than 2007.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Quote: posted by MRK IV on 19/07/2004 15:12:05

I've seen one too - but unsurprisingly, near BMW UK.

I've got a 120d Sport on order for the other half - ETA is end of September.

Is that > 20k ?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Just found the 1 series mini site on the main BMW page, 120d (163bhp) 20700 OTR, obviously no big wheels, metallic paint, leather, Satnav or Xenons for that price. So speccing it up to 25k will be easy......

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Quote: posted by MRK IV on 19/07/2004 15:12:05

I've got a 120d Sport on order for the other half -

Excellent - please let me know what you think, I'm going to be after one once it's time to sell the Golf (mid-end next year...?).

R

·
Registered
63 Posts
It is very expensive for the top end model(120d), and the price includes very little extras...the 1 series actually reminds me of a M Roadster.

It handles very good tho as do most BMWs ive driven.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Extras on our ours: Xenons and heated seats - already has sports suspension and seats, AC and different trim as standard. The SE gets climate, an armrest (!) and a computer as standard instead.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.