Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

I was wondering is anyone on this forum has any pictures of their blue interior LEDs?

If so, can you post some pictures up? I want to change mine but not sure what it will look like. Also, has anyone modded so you have footwell lights? Again, pictures will be much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Quote: posted by cwwong on 26/11/2004 14:32:57

Dear All,

I was wondering is anyone on this forum has any pictures of their blue interior LEDs?

If so, can you post some pictures up? I want to change mine but not sure what it will look like. Also, has anyone modded so you have footwell lights? Again, pictures will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Some details on Foxy's site....

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dgace/door_led_mod.htm

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Ive been on Foxy's website before.

The lights I want to change are the front console lights, the rear one, puddle lights and add some footwell lights.

Would this be too much blue? Any pictures?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Quote: posted by cwwong on 26/11/2004 14:39:40

Thanks. Ive been on Foxy's website before.

The lights I want to change are the front console lights, the rear one, puddle lights and add some footwell lights.

Would this be too much blue? Any pictures?

Thanks.

I think Sceptic on here has footwell lighting ? Not sure but have a look at his sig, sure he has.. or it might be Viperpsych.

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
I have the blue LED's on the front console lights, the sunroof visors and in the door panels, couldn't get hold of the bulbs to fit the rears as the fittings had alarm sensors.

If you want any pics let me know.

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Yeah, I have the blue LED's in the door puddle lights. Thats what I should have said instead of the door panel[:I]

·
Registered
415 Posts
yep. i have. very easy to do. just use the power from the 12v cigarette lighter and put all the wiring under the ashtray! looks smart with the dash if you get blue neon ones! got mine off a chappy on ebay for 12 quid

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Managed to take a few pics.

They don't really do them justice though, they do look much better in the flesh.

Door puddle light:

Posted Image

Centre console:

Posted Image

Centre console:

Posted Image

Centre console & sun visors:

Posted Image

Centre console & sun visors:

Posted Image

Boot light:

Posted Image

·
Registered
557 Posts
for a laugh (dons flame proof suit) i put UV leds in the map reading lights. looked great and lit up everything that was white/flouressed(?) except for maps....reverted back to white light! I might install them in the footwell and put in some materials that appear invisible under normal light and at night hey presto.

Now where did i put my Burberry cap.....oh yes i left in on my back shelf

booyakkasha

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I showd my dad mine yesterday, quite impressed but also said I was sad & asked when the under car neons were coming [V]

So I told him to go cut some hair, he drives an MX-5 [:D]

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Quote: posted by Jace on 29/11/2004 15:39:54

I showd my dad mine yesterday, quite impressed but also said I was sad & asked when the under car neons were coming [V]

LMAO @ Cut some hair [!] [:D]

·
Registered
250 Posts
Quote: posted by Jace on 29/11/2004 15:39:54

Snip 8< snip 8<

8< 8< 8<

[:D][:D] @ Jace

·
Registered
85 Posts
wallacel....I did a DIY on the alarm lights as, as you say, the bulbs are very small.

Here is my How To on that. http://www.n8fan.com/bora/rearblue/

cwwong......UltraLEDs are a great place to get the Blue LED Bulbs from. I used a German supplier for my GB when i did it and he has proved to be quite unreliable. Have had nothing but excalent service from UltraLEDs (http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts