Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been out to see some customers today and on the way home (national speed limit road) there's a pheasant in the road. I hit the brakes but the blooming thing wouldn't shift.....had to come to an almost complete stop, and just managed to not hit it. It was literally within inches of death's door!!

For some reason, the stupid things just don't fly away!!

·
Registered
442 Posts
You know why that is dont you....

Phesants believe they have supernatural powers... they believe that they can stop anything with the power of their mind and a grainy stair!!!

They are right too.... stopped you today didnt it!!!

Phesants scare the sh1t out of me!!!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Its probably some defense mechanism... i.e dont move and you cant be seen...clearly they have not read the highway code either..!

We hit a Chicken once, it made a right dent in the bumper, and left feathers and bits everywhere.... I bet so many accidents are caused by people trying to avoid animals.. sheep are the worse round here.

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
I did a night-time Treasure hunt once - I think it was something like 3rd August ( back when August was new reg time )

One guy wrote his 2 day old car off by hitting a deer down a country road at 2am with what he described as " a glancing blow" ie not even full on. One nil to the deer it turned out.

·
Super Moderator
8,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
clearly they have not read the highway code either..!
......then what are they doing on the road???? [:p]

We hit a Chicken once, it made a right dent in the bumper, and left feathers and bits everywhere.... I bet so many accidents are caused by people trying to avoid animals.. sheep are the worse round here.
Fortunately, I knew there was nothing behind me or I'd not have braked as hard as I did.

My mate was driving down a country lane near us many years ago, went round a bend to find a flock of sheep. He couldn't stop and ended up ploughing into Larry and his mates. His car was knackered and ended up being written off.

·
Super Moderator
50,244 Posts
Its probably some defense mechanism... i.e dont move and you cant be seen...clearly they have not read the highway code either..!
It's like hedgehogs that curl up tightly into a ball in the middle of the road when they see a car approaching in the belief that it will protect them from anything apart from Reliant Robins.

My mate was driving down a country lane near us many years ago, went round a bend to find a flock of sheep. He couldn't stop and ended up ploughing into Larry and his mates. His car was knackered and ended up being written off.
Hope he had plenty of mint sauce with him?

·
Super Moderator
8,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hope he had plenty of mint sauce with him?
lol

·
Super Moderator
50,244 Posts
EWE would have thought he would have seen them in enough time to avoid them!

(Sorry for repeat gag as I didn't read all the above properly first,and can't delete it as it's more than a millisecond after I posted it!)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts