Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had put up a post in the for sale section looking to do a swap deal on my 18's for a decent set of standard wheels

well after a few people asking i decided to nip out and take some pics only to see that my drivers wheel has been kerbed 1/3 of the whole wheel

I asled her how it happened and she said "i 'cliped' a kerb the other day " [:mad:]

like hell she cliped it

so prob need to re-furb them

·
Registered
836 Posts
My missus was really worried when she kerbed one of my wheels on my old car...I wasn't bothered enough to get annoyed, they are only wheels after all..

I kerb mine enough not to notice if she has anyway![:$]

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I didnt go off on one with her but i was annoyed that she didnt say right away to save me putting the post up about swaping them

·
Registered
287 Posts
I would throw a comlpete eppy if my wife kerbed my wheels. They have 1 scratch where the TWAT at the tyre place hammered on a balance weight before I could get out the waiting room. YTS? The governments way of employing the un-employable.

We've had complete blazing rows about me liking the car more than her. I would if it could suck!

That's why she won't drive my car - absolute emergencies only (or just after sex when I'm vulnerable).

·
Registered
287 Posts
It's not so much the kerbing that's that problem - it's the fact the someone will have damaged my car and I can't knock seven poops out of them for it!!! (plus they're 18" BK's that cost ?1k - so it is the kerbing really)

I'm very defensive when I spend time, money and a lot of effort for someone else to scratch it and think "it's only a car". It's not only a car, it's MY car.

I'm very banal with lots of things like that, if I see people picking up my CD's with their fingers on the shiny bit - I go ballastic. I only want people to treat my things the same way I treat them. I don't care if they use an angle grinder to pick up their own CD's, they're not mine!

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Thats why I always have Falkens which have a massive rim protector.
As shown in your post in the carparking thread.... Look at the tyre nearest the camera.. the rim protector is protruding a bit.

Posted Image

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thats why I always have Falkens which have a massive rim protector.
As shown in your post in the carparking thread.... Look at the tyre nearest the camera.. the rim protector is protruding a bit.

Posted Image
kept the wheels damage free - bloody kerb jumped up and got the rest of the car though!??!

·
Registered
558 Posts
The wheels and arches were only about a month old when that happened, so I was quite relieved that it was only the door, rear 1/4 and rear bumper.  Its been the perfect excuse for a full respray...courtesy of Mr Flux.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Lauara, you must be a breed on to you own - mine thinks mirrors are for putting on the lippy.

I once caught her saying to her friend who was learning to drive....

"parkings easy, you just go really slowly until you see the other car move"

no wonder I have a temper!!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
That's the reason why I don't let anyone drive my car...

The other day unfortunately I had to lend the Bora to a mate because is car was stuck inside our building garage, the gate didn't open...

He was very carefull with everything....except at the time of parking the car in the office...went forward too much and broke my Oettinger bumper!!![:'(]

Anyway....he's going to pay for it :)

3rd of August is all ready again!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts