Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out to the car at 6 this morning, and had to de-ice it!!!

I was freezing as i only had my coat, which is too thick to be able to drive it, so i had to drive until the car warmed up, and it was soooooo cold!

Any one else notice?

Paul

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
First snowflake of the season (on the mfd!). 3.5 C round Lincoln way. Chilly indeed, especially since it was 13 or 14 degrees in the morning, just a week ago.

·
Super Moderator
9,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont have heat seats :(

I know what you mean about the snowflake as well. Havent seem one of them for ages!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
First snowflake of the season (on the mfd!). 3.5 C round Lincoln way. Chilly indeed, especially since it was 13 or 14 degrees in the morning, just a week ago.
Yep 3.5c up here in the northeast at 7:30 this morning glad I am off to bed now[:D]

·
Super Moderator
50,205 Posts
Glad I cleared my garage out this summer than,after nearly ten years of being filled with all sorts of crap that used to be in the spare bedroom.So will this be the first day this season when I get the four degree warning tone when I turn the ignition on?

Chris.

·
Super Moderator
9,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad I cleared my garage out this summer than,after nearly ten years of being filled with all sorts of crap that used to be in the spare bedroom.So will this be the first day this season when I get the four degree warning tone when I turn the ignition on?

Chris.
Probably! I forgot to take a jumper with me today though, so i was sat in my car freezing!

·
Super Moderator
8,768 Posts
So glad that I repaired my broken window regulators on Monday when it was nice and warm!!!

Heated seats are a "must-have" on a cold morning!!

·
Super Moderator
9,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wish i did have them. My cousins old BMW had them, and they were so nice. Especially when you are cold!

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Isn't that cold down here on the South coast, on the coast, but we did have the first frost last night.

I was scraping ice off the screen at 7:40 this morning with my gym card. Talk about unprepared!!

Off to Asda for some de-icer tonight!

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
My 3year old asked me if it was Autumn or Winter this morning. When I said still Autumn - he said "ohh, I want it to be winter so i can play in the snow ". Snow ? In Surrey ?? Not alot of chance of that.

My heated seats are a toasting treat in the cold though, I must agree [:S]

·
Super Moderator
9,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My 3year old asked me if it was Autumn or Winter this morning. When I said still Autumn - he said "ohh, I want it to be winter so i can play in the snow ". Snow ? In Surrey ?? Not alot of chance of that.
Kids are so cute sometimes! You never know, you might get some snow soon!

Definately a bit too cold this morning though. Luckily i still have a can of de-icer in the car from last winter!! (bad i know)

I'm dreadding the winter though, as i do every 6th week have to come to work at 6, and if it snows i'm likely to get stuck as i did last winter!!

·
Super Moderator
9,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not on the country lanes it doesnt, gets a bit scary!

Last year i was driving behind a M3, who was behind another car that lost traction. I had to stop, ON A HILL(!). then took me 20 minutes to get going again, and i was 15 minutes late for work on my first day! Was fun though, speedo said i was doing 40, when i wasnt moving!

·
Registered
246 Posts
That's weird, because I got into my car at 8:30 & although it was colder than it has been since last winter, there was no sign of ice & I'm in Liverpool. I'd have thought it would have been colder further north, maybe it was due to the time

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
at 7:10am i de-iced my car this morning took like 10mins, (me faffing around thinking there was more ice on the outside, when really it had just misted up inside [:$]) got a nice -0.5degree beepy warning too. just what i want to hear when im late for work [:p]

·
Super Moderator
9,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You lot should feel lucky, i cycle to work!

i was in just a shirt (and trousers of course) this morning
Brrr, i use to do the same thing when i worked in town. but i work 25 miles away now, so its a bit too far to go when you have to be in at 7 in the morning!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts