Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I went and had a poke at my local dealer, and, I've only gone and bought a brand new Bora PD130 Highline! Diamond Black, full leather, cruise, arm rest, parking sensors, auto-wipers, dimming mirrors, 16" Monty IIs, full-height MFA display and a kinda brushed aluminium trim (not the same as a Anni, darker).

Was very impressed with the drive - the PD's really do pull well at low revs. It's nowhere near as quick as the V6 off the mark, but it doesn't hang about either. The indicated 48mpg pleased me greatly, too!

Got an *insane* amount off the list price - over ?3.5k after haggling, and got them to fit a 6-cd changer for free to boot! They even gave me a great trade-in on the V6!

So, I'll be joining the dark side, it seems! Pics soon!!

UPDATE

Well, the deal's off. A change in my personal circumstances has meant that despite the great deal that the dealer offered me, I just can't justify the extra wedge at the moment. [:(] So, I've still got the V6 at the moment, and am still looking for a diesel... the quest continues. [:)]

Such a shame, cracking car that Bora - it's still there at Telford VW, if anyone wants it!

So - absolute ceiling of ?11k....what should I do? Furby vRS springs to mind....

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
what on earth possesed you to get rid of the 4motion!?!?! [:)]

only joking, a very nice purchase by the sounds of it! you're gonna miss the traction though, hehehe.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Nice one! You've joined my club and left it at the same time.... [;)]

The Highline is an excellent specification and the discounts not bad either - thats why I like them, you get loads for your money. I believe you have the same dash trim as fitted to mine? (See site in signature). Post her up when you get her...still want the same wheels as me?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Blue V5: Sadly, needs must - gonna be doing a lot more miles very soon, and the 4Mo just eats petrol like it's going out of fashion.

I'm well chuffed!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote: posted by Mikedav on 19/01/2005 19:41:40

Nice one! You've joined my club and left it at the same time.... [;)]

The Highline is an excellent specification and the discounts not bad either - thats why I like them, you get loads for your money. I believe you have the same dash trim as fitted to mine? (See site in signature). Post her up when you get her...still want the same wheels as me?

Yep, the trim is the same as yours. And, yes, I still want those wheels! It'll make our cars look a little bit like twins though! I wouldn't want to ruin your cred! [:)]

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote: posted by annidal72 on 19/01/2005 19:41:39

Sounds nice!Good spec,Change of username then[?]

Coo, I never even thought of that! 'golftdihighline' doesn't quite have that 'ring' to it! [:D]

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, the sticker price was ?17,530. I got him down to ?15k + ?8.5k px on my V6. Told him I wasn't interested unless they'd give me ?9.5k for the V6. He went away and spoke to his boss, as they do, then came back and said that they could do that. So, I decided to be extra cheeky and say 'Oh, and you'll put a 6-cd changer in too at no cost, right?' and they agreed to that as well!! Bargain, no?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Very much so...can't grumble...i'm not actively looking for a new motor, but i can feel a big spend coming. Probs a couple of yr old TDI 150 or something. Don't think I could stretch to ?15k at the mo...maybe ?10k/?11k + Mods at a push...and it'd depend how much they'd give me for mine...

It's all too much for my pea sized brain to take...however did the dinosaurs cope?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
that is a very good deal! well done! spec sounds sweet! Always jealous of your 4mo though cos of the way the colour came up after cleaning, mine doesnt! :(

congrats again

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Nice one mate, the Highline is a gorgeous motor. If you ever fancy swapping the leather interior for a velour one give me a shout, although I doubt it lol. Just had my Bora SE TDi for over a month now and I'm well chuffed with it, you'll love it[^].

BTW Mike I'm after the same wheels too they are pure class, like RS4's with a twist[8D].

·
Registered
251 Posts
Quote: posted by golfv64mo on 19/01/2005 19:36:23

Was very impressed with the drive - the PD's really do pull well at low revs. It's nowhere near as quick as the V6 off the mark, but it doesn't hang about either. The indicated 48mpg pleased me greatly, too!

Nice to see another person move to the dark side, look forward to seeing the pics. Congrats [;)]

You think the V6 was quick of the mark, get the Bora chipped and you'll be shocked.... [:)]

1 - 20 of 32 Posts