Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

I'm new here and reside in Australia.

I recently purchase a 1.4 TSI with an APR stage 1 tune done to it.However the engine came with it issues which to me seems like the Piston rings and pistons are gone as it's blowing a lot of smoke and burning oil. I haven't done a compression test yet but I do believe that's the issue as I read that is it quite common.

I've read that the CTHD engine is a much better upgrade for this type of engine and the CAVD does have issues but can be well maintained and rectified. Ive found one for sale and I was wondering if anyone knows if the BLG engine can be swap to either the CAVD or CTHD as i can't find anything about it on the internet.

Any help and guidance would be highly appreciated.

Thank You

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

I'm new here and reside in Australia.

I recently purchase a 1.4 TSI with an APR stage 1 tune done to it.However the engine came with it issues which to me seems like the Piston rings and pistons are gone as it's blowing a lot of smoke and burning oil. I haven't done a compression test yet but I do believe that's the issue as I read that is it quite common.

I've read that the CTHD engine is a much better upgrade for this type of engine and the CAVD does have issues but can be well maintained and rectified. Ive found one for sale and I was wondering if anyone knows if the BLG engine can be swap to either the CAVD or CTHD as i can't find anything about it on the internet.

Any help and guidance would be highly appreciated.

Thank You
Hi did you find any thing out about it thanks euan

1 - 2 of 2 Posts