Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone just see the news ?

Blair has stood up and basically said, if you don't want to integrate into the UK, don't come here.

In particular a reference was made to muslim extremists.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I still don't believe what I heard, have to double take and watch the later news !

·
MK7 Golf R
1,011 Posts
He should just close the flood gates, dont know about dont' come if you dont want to integrate it should just be dont come!

·
Registered
145 Posts
The other day the australian govener (or someone from parliment) said the same thing.I wonder if he actually means it though!

·
Super Moderator
8,768 Posts
AT LAST!!! It's taken him long enough though! Maybe he's finally listened to what Joe Public have been telling him. Either that or he's signed up to www.ukmkivs.net and has been listening in on our rants!!!

I think it was the Aussie PM that made similar comments although that was a while ago. Very good speech -someone emailed it to me.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
He should just close the flood gates, dont know about dont' come if you dont want to integrate it should just be dont come!
Don't agree with that just because my family migrated to the UK from Kenya (through choice when the british were pulling out) and Uganda (due to Amin's rule). My family did integrate though - worked hard in the jobs they had or businesses they had setup from scratch and made a life for themselves in a new country.

Whilst I'm not muslim and not very religious fullstop, I do agree that anyone who comes to the UK should integrate. I'm also in favour of diversity as it can bring many benefits.

·
Registered
65 Posts
blair is a muppet, he doesnt know what planet he's on! the only thing he is good at is licking bushys ar**

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I heard this speech and for once agreed with what he was saying. I particularly agreed with his comments regarding extremists taking advantage of our tolerant and inclusive society.

However I can't help but think that there is some spin / political motivation attached to what he says. Maybe he wants to stem the flow of rising support for the BNP by being seen to more in touch with the mood of the vast majority of the nation.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
However I can't help but think that there is some spin / political motivation attached to what he says. Maybe he wants to stem the flow of rising support for the BNP by being seen to more in touch with the mood of the vast majority of the nation.
I think you're probably right. Thankfully there's no fear of the BNP getting into power in ethnically diverse NW London. I have however seen them on their soap box at the Marble Arch corner of Hyde Park peddling their deception and lies. I pitty the fools that entertain their diatribe!

EDIT: I guess I should say why I pitty them... I pitty them like the idiot that burns themselves more than once in the same way having not learnt the first time. Haven't any of the BNP supporters learnt from the mess Idi Amin created? Whilst the BNP preach one thing politcally, BBC documentary on the BNP shows something very different and more sinister

·
MK7 Golf R
1,011 Posts
Don't agree with that just because my family migrated to the UK from Kenya (through choice when the british were pulling out) and Uganda (due to Amin's rule). My family did integrate though - worked hard in the jobs they had or businesses they had setup from scratch and made a life for themselves in a new country.

Whilst I'm not muslim and not very religious fullstop, I do agree that anyone who comes to the UK should integrate. I'm also in favour of diversity as it can bring many benefits.
I mean scumbag spongers claiming 'asylum' not people who are emmigrating etc.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We should not forget that the British people are essentially a nation of immigrants. Even those who think they are indiginous are probably not, if you go way back, you'll probably find French, Dane and all sorts of European ancestory somehwhere in your genes. So the doors should remain open and a warm welcome made to the right people.

The door should however be shut or even slammed in the face of those who are diametrically opposed to our way of life and core values and I think we all know who they are.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I wrote a couple of replies to the two replies above but then I closed them

It's obvious the type ob people you mean and perhaps playing devils advocate isn't worthwhile since I'm also opposed to people coming to the UK to just live off benefits but not opposed to those who are either forced here because of conflict or want to make a proper life for themselves here

I do feel that we don't return refugees like many of the european countries do. Not sure if this is good or not since some continue to live off benefits where as some integrate into the way of life here. Think this would have to be judged on a case by case basis.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
I think you're probably right. Thankfully there's no fear of the BNP getting into power in ethnically diverse NW London. I have however seen them on their soap box at the Marble Arch corner of Hyde Park peddling their deception and lies. I pitty the fools that entertain their diatribe!

EDIT: I guess I should say why I pitty them... I pitty them like the idiot that burns themselves more than once in the same way having not learnt the first time. Haven't any of the BNP supporters learnt from the mess Idi Amin created? Whilst the BNP preach one thing politcally, BBC documentary on the BNP shows something very different and more sinister
o`n the flip side of the coin the last time I was in London (pre 911) I was in wembley and there was full blown all-mujaharoun having alot of support and screaming an equally filthy diatribe....

As far as I'm concerned this is too little too late from Blair, these words should have come immediately after the London Bombings, He is only saying them now as his party is low in the Polls.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Its not just Blacks , Asians, Jews and Moslem's and Africans that have to be scared of the BNP, whites would be there target pretty quickly IE catholic's and all non Protestants.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

It's obvious the type ob people you mean and perhaps playing devils advocate isn't worthwhile since I'm also opposed to people coming to the UK to just live off benefits but not opposed to those who are either forced here because of conflict or want to make a proper life for themselves here

I do feel that we don't return refugees like many of the european countries do. Not sure if this is good or not since some continue to live off benefits where as some integrate into the way of life here. Think this would have to be judged on a case by case basis.
Economic refugees as well as genuine ones are natural and needed, it will only do one thing, make people get off their backsides or be left behind. We (construction industy) are almost exclusively made up of Eastern European labour as the indiginous UK population either want to do media studies, IT or stay at home doing sweet FA. So keen are the Eastern Europeans to get on in five to ten years they will be doing very well for themselves. I've come accross accountants, dentists, solicitors who labouring on site, they won't be there for long !

These people are very unlikely to scrounge. It is likely in ten years that one of them will be your / our boss !!

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
on the flip side many of my family (as most of the UK construction industry did) worked for large parts of the 80's in Germany and France, same as many poles are doing here now.

More than likely what will happen is there own economy's will grow massively aiding a return to there homelands , probably only 10-25% of Poles etc will still be here in 20 years.

I wouldnt say its benefits and scroungers causing a problem for a lack of labour, its a probelem in our educvation system that is solely geared towards academia , and has no interest in nuruting anything othere than degrees.

Where in the country there have been inceentives to train and teac kids in practical subjects be it building/engineering its has worked exceptionelly well.

Tooo many kids in my eyes are being force fed academic educations whereas it just doesn't fit everyone... we need a return to options at 15/16 and real alternatives like reasonably well paid apprenticeships (not ?50 a week something that will at lest get near a Mcdonalds or call center job ?150 maybe)

I know from my schooling the ONLY option I was given at 17 was an UCAS form, when I refused to fill it everyone was up in arms about what will I do...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts