Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm looking for a DIY style remap to mainly delete the EGR software. I remember blacksmoke.co.uk used to it but their site doesn't work anymore.

Anyone have any alternatives? Not necessarily looking for more power but would consider up to say 160hp

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That tweet is quite old. Anyone got their contact details?

Or are there any similar companies offering the same solution? Cheers

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
720 Posts
Plug and play ECU's for stage one are cheap and easy to get.. 60-70 quid.

i ran one for about 2 years and was great .. you are able to customise it too

·
Registered
10,907 Posts
most stage 1 remaps are generic and to be honest blacksmoke maps aren't the best... like i said before if you want a remote remapping service you'll need to have at least some hardware and software to flash the map... so if you don't have MPPS with cable and software on your laptop, forget about that option, until you got it all setup and you manage to successfully download the ecu file to your pc. as a remote service means they'll take over you desktop and will do the flashing for you than they'll do a standard check to make sure it's all done right.

if i was in your shoes i would look into a plug and play tuned ecu.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
ah nice, I suppose as its plug n play, the absolute worst case is that it simply doesn't work. The original ecu you keep. I've seen a couple of 'stage 1's - That be the 165bhp, keep your std clutch job I guess?
The stage 1 for our old Golf (pd130) came from Liam @ FADR
https://www.fadr.co.uk/

I asked for egr delete and clutch friendly.

Power was estimated at about 160 (don't think you can get an accurate figure from a mail order map)..

No complaints at all....

We had a blacksmoke map before that (not from blacksmoke, from one of the many people who have copied and altered the original) and it felt super quick, the computer told us average mpg was 70+ (a total nonsense) and it ran like a sack of crap after a while.

·
Registered
301 Posts

Power was estimated at about 160 (don't think you can get an accurate figure from a mail order map)..

No complaints at all....

We had a blacksmoke map before that (not from blacksmoke, from one of the many people who have copied and altered the original) and it felt super quick, the computer told us average mpg was 70+ (a total nonsense) and it ran like a sack of crap after a while.
was he expensive? I don't know whether to go with someone like that or try an Ebay'er. That first option you've suggested sounds exactly what I'd go for, for my pd130. Yeah the blacksmoke doesn't sound right for me. Although 70mpg sounds great...haaha

·
Registered
301 Posts

No complaints at all....

ah damn he's on Facebook. I'm not

·
Registered
208 Posts
Am also looking for a plug n play map for my PD100 as am getting pretty board with the power. I've just sent fadr via there Facebook page hopefully they can help me out. I wanted something plug and play just in case i want to sell the car in future or put it back to how it was originally. My cars totally stock so it will have to be clutch friends if that's at all possible.

Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts