Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Blackpool OMG......

2K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Carl Turbo 
#1 ·
Got back from a weekend away at sunny blackpool.

Now i know Northerners dont really care much for us Londoners but ha i didnt know you hate us! Had two massive rucks on the friday night we were only there like 2 or three hours! Only took one right that night so not too sad. Imagine us though 8 london lads and i mean london lads, stonies, lacoste, armani all that. We stuck out like a sore thumb and the accent dont really help.....the girls like it so i suppose the lads dont. Really though had a good weekend loads and loads of pubs and clubs up there, one club was like 4 floors and the top like the size of a arena.Theres a good rippers down on the sea front aswell [:p]

So why do people up north dislike Londoners (probably answered the question myself though) and will it be like that in similar places??

Carl [:D]

#2 ·
Well Carl, I dont think we ALL do! If I was in a club and a bunch of LOUD, MAD lads, no matter where there from were being

a pain, I'd be peed off too. Where you being OTT????? I've been to Blackpool a few times, and there's always a fight or two, and

its mainly young lads who've had two pints of shandy, and wants to fight everyone who DARES to look their way.

I dont think its a North/Sarf thing at all. Being a Scouser, you could just quite as easily be caught in a ruck in say a

Manchester Bar, not that I ever have, mainly because I can handle my drink and I drink sensibly.

Been to the big smoke a few times too, and love the place, but feel its a little more intimidating down there, as there

seems to be weirdos and tramps everywhere [;)] London thats is!

#3 ·
Yeah i was nt having a moan because of it and ofcourse it aint everyone. Thats the point we were nt being MAD it ll leave that for you guys [;)] We was nt being OTT defo not, just enjoying ourselfs but i am telling you the looks we were getting!! One fight started cause someone heard me speak to my mate and goes f-ing LONDONERS!!! I aint a trouble maker but dab in boxing and cage fight training and he swung for me first. The Old Bill up there were surprisingly really friendly they broke it all up, no arrests or nothing. Central London can be a bit mad ha yeah know what you mean, i work on the underground!! We had a good time still though we thought balls to it, it aint gonna ruin the weekend. Really like the accent of the Blackpool birds aswell but not as much as scouse.

#4 ·
Blackpool is a mecca for people not able to handle their drink mate, so usually they dont like big groups of "us" cockney sparra's giving the northern lasses the cockney charm! They know they cant compete basically - but like sombody said earlier, you can get the same trouble in Manchester and definately in Liverpool! I had massive trouble when I used to go to cream and most of the time it was young kids pill'ed out their nuts just looking for trouble.

I can say this though - if you want loads of GOOD bars, and loads of Hot wimin, check out Newcastle! Un-bloody-believable!

Only 1 month to go for my next Newcastle trip

#6 ·
LOL least i got someone else on my corner [;)] Went up to Everton when we played them i can tell its the same up there, nice area [:p]

Three birds said to me aswell " you live in London, bloody hell you must be doing alrite" course i replied "look love if i was doing that good i would nt be spending the weekend in Blackpool". they thought that was funny. There are loads of people out at night up there, you actually could nt move in YATES no joke you could nt move, they dont let people in down here when it gets like that.

I think Newcastle is in the top 5 nightsopts in europe someone told me, would love to go there. Iv been told though dont try drinking them under the table cause they drink like fishes!

The rippers on the sea front was the biggest tease ever, the birds were amazing and the dances [:O] Little fellows were defo standing to attention.......

Going to Prague in january i cant wait for that, gotta be the best weekend ever birds and 80p pints.

#10 ·
Wouldnt say they hate us southerners

i would say its more a case we dont blend in but , stick out like a sore thumb and after a few beers it notices even more

plus the fact that there on a night out with the normal amout of dosh in their pocket ,

and ya have gone away for the weekend with a stash of money cost ya dont wana run out

and the ladies know that ........

and then its free drinks for them ........all night if ya stupid enough to fool for that trick [:p]

newcastle get ya self there a right good weekend and no trouble [:D]

note : wasnt trying to imply no money in north , just general accurance when peeps go away for weekends [:D]

#11 ·
From what I've seen of the place Blackpool is a toilet full of chav knobheads.
spot on Blackpool is dump full of the lowest common denominators...... wouldn't go there if you paid me

Manchester is good... but you need to know where to go...

Liverpool is excelent, but you really really need a guide.... its concentrated in three areas within 1 mile of eachother, go into the wrong bar and it will be full of charlied up plastic gangsters, go in the bar/club next door and you can find every different type of bar and club with amazing atmospheres...

There's Bars I wouldn't go to. Coolcurly, I know what your saying about Cream it depends what era you went in, early on the door policy kept most knobs out but later on as it became harder to fill so it became lax.... that area has all changed again now and I would go there if you paid me with the pleasure rooms full of gangsters, and the biggest weatherspoons with music in the country round the corner.... its chav/scally central.... much nicer is the docks with pan am and blue bar and the living rooms, or if a more indie feel is your thing then the magnet and phil pub and others on hardman street is better...

my mate brings people from all over the world to show them Liverpool often Ill go with them and show them, there as divers and into everything from buying bottles of crystal and blowing thousands a night to people who want to see a few local live bands gigging in a typical student dive.... the thing is knowing where to go.... with a bit of Local knowledge Liverpool is excellent, and caters for ALL tastes

#13 ·
Manchester is good... but you need to know where to go...
Been to Canal Street quite a few times now, for those of you who don't know the area it's at the heart of Manchester's Gay village.

The pubs and clubs are friendly and relaxed without a hint of trouble, people just doing their own thing and having a good time. You see some sights down there but open your mind and you'll be fine.

I'm 100% straight and have always had a girly with me, even so some of the best nights out I've had in ages have been on Canal Street.

#14 ·
Swings both ways my southern friend! you lads dont really like us nornthern boys coming down there!! lol..... Carl, you would have stood out like a sore thumb wearing stone island, armani and lacoste and all that, not because us northern lads get our gear from burtons, but all that gear went out years ago up here! sold a load of my old stone island and armani gear on ebay last year u must have missed it! (actually an essex lad brought the lot!!! lol)....... But to be honest dont matter where you come from your gonna get in a scuffle in blackpool, once saw some geordie lads lob a newcy brown bottle through a farrari modena's open roof while it was doin about 50 down the front, its a right classy place.

#15 ·
Swings both ways my southern friend! you lads dont really like us nornthern boys coming down there!! lol..... Carl, you would have stood out like a sore thumb wearing stone island, armani and lacoste and all that, not because us northern lads get our gear from burtons, but all that gear went out years ago up here! sold a load of my old stone island and armani gear on ebay last year u must have missed it! (actually an essex lad brought the lot!!! lol)....... But to be honest dont matter where you come from your gonna get in a scuffle in blackpool, once saw some geordie lads lob a newcy brown bottle through a farrari modena's open roof while it was doin about 50 down the front, its a right classy place.
true havent seen stone island coats on sale here for a while... and my lacoste boots are now used for gardening and building... paul smith, ted baker, prada, riis and alot of vintage stuff is probably more apt....

saying that only been out in London twice and the place was filthy ... just full of people urinating in the street, at the end of the night... well half way through it all i could smell was urine in the air DISGUSTING place..... and as for the oooky taxis that's a different story.

However I went to Brighton a fair bit as an old girlfriend had family there was usually a great night out.... however eastbourn needs swallowing up by the Sea.... nearly but not quite as scummy as Blackpool

#16 ·
Deffo blackpol takes the award for biggest sh1thole! I went to uni in scouse and its a top night out. I agree with your comment on london too, dontv care if i never go back there again, it just seemed so dirty! I go all over the country to watch football and its true everywhere has there chavs, but london had more than most.

#17 ·
Quite funny reading this, i'm from up north but live down south and have been out and about in a lot of towns up and down the uk and never get any bother. I find london a bit cold and impersonal but that's the nature of the place, been out in b'pool and to be honest it's a bit cheap and cheerful but then that's what people like about the place. I've seen plenty of fights but never been drawn into one, i don't think it's anything to do with where you're from as much as it's to do with where you drink. That said, if you go to a place that's known for being full of people 'partying' there's always going to be trouble, whether you're a soft southern sugar puff or a mad northern monkey is rather a moot point :)

#18 ·
Im a through and through londoner who loves my roots, but I will agree - London has become a dirty old town which has so many different race/creed/nationalities everyone has stopped talking to everyone else. When I grew up in the Suburbs, my mum and dad knew every single person on the street and helped plan the 1977 Silver Jubilee Street Party (see if your old enough to remember those) and the Charles and Diana Wedding Street party (1981). When they sold up to move to the country to retire gracefully, they only knew 1 family. Nobody else spoke to them, nobody else bothered with them.

The Olympic money will change London, as the city has to be proud of holding the event and it will clean it self up for that.

As for Liverpool, please dont take my comments wrong - Ive had some wicked wicked nights out in "Pool as I used to have alot of good good friends up there I met during my raving days around the world. I was pretty well connected so used to get taken to all the good bars and resturants and due to who I was with got no trouble more then having trouble.

But I promise you - Newcastle is one of the best cities Ive been out in anywhere in the world.....

#20 ·
I grew up in newcastle - it has always been a cracking night out even before it was discovered by the 'out of towners' :) Down the quayside, along the coast at whitley bay on a bank holiday .... rough it down the bigg market in the pig and whistle ;) Something for everyone and space for everyone to do their own thing. Too many boozy nights trying to navigate a safe exit off the rotating dancefloor on the boat .... fond memories.

#21 ·
Well on the friday night when it kicked off i was actually wearing a babyshambles t shirt! So you cant blame it on the clothes. Wear all kinds of clothes - converse indie style mostly. Walked down the road and someone shouts "F-ing Londoners" just cause they heard the accent, not because of the clobber we were wearing. They got a proper good hiding and i aint shy to say it, if mugs like that keep on starting on fellas in the street, then sooner rather than later you ll come accross the wrong set of mates.

I know that you get these problems everywhere though. Really wanna go Newcastle though.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.