Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I've been doing some Christmas thinking and thought about rather than colour code the car just now, what would it look like if I left it as it was but replaced the front and rear badges with the black military ones? Was also thinking about some smoked alloys, maybe something like the ones on this polo.

http://www.tigerstyle.co.uk/poloforum/viewtopic.php?t=24623

Hope everyones having a good holiday

·
Super Moderator
50,204 Posts
You don't say what colour your car is,but those wheels do look good on a silver car,and I've never heard of "military style" badges before?

Chris.

·
Registered
579 Posts
You don't say what colour your car is,but those wheels do look good on a silver car,and I've never heard of "military style" badges before?

Chris.
military style badges are the black ones

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, I mentioned in the title of post, the car is reflex silver and isn't colour coded. So what do ya think?

·
Super Moderator
50,204 Posts

Chris.
military style badges are the black ones
I gathered that,but I'd never heard them referred to as "military style" before,and wondered why they are called that?

Sorry, I mentioned in the title of post, the car is reflex silver and isn't colour coded. So what do ya think?
DOH!!!!!! Sorry,was having a Homer Simpson moment there,I was looking but not seeing.I think they'd look good on a silver car,wish I'd chosen more distinctive wheels for mine now.

Chris.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts

Chris.
?Here it comes. . . . . . .? During the war , (in best uncle albert syle)

Believe it or not there often called military badges as the german army had the badges made black on thier Vw's.? It was deemed the chrome ones were too shiney.??

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool, never knew that! I love fools and horses [Y]

I've had a search but can't find any pics of the black badges on a silver un colour coded golf yet [:(]

·
Super Moderator
50,204 Posts

Chris.
Here it comes. . . . . . . During the war , (in best uncle albert syle)

Believe it or not there often called military badges as the german army had the badges made black on thier Vw's. It was deemed the chrome ones were too shiney.
I guess it kinda makes sense really not have anything shiny on military vehicles,but I think a set of 26in chrome spinners on a German staff car would like just bling enough,innit?

Cool, never knew that! I love fools and horses [Y]

I've had a search but can't find any pics of the black badges on a silver un colour coded golf yet [:(]
Sounds like a job for photoshop then if you have a photo of the badges?

Chris.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Yohan, Speaking to "Kur2y" the other week he has a pair of these badges for sale. He might still have them.

Maybe give him a pm and he`ll sort you a deal. [y]

·
Registered
145 Posts
Not a fan of the black badges, dont think they will suit a silver car.

My 2p

If you are bolting a machine gun to the roof then i guess the badges would be a nice addition.

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not a fan of the black badges, dont think they will suit a silver car.

My 2p

If you are bolting a machine gun to the roof then i guess the badges would be a nice addition.
I guess this is going to be one of those 50/50/love/hate things. Not sure how insurance would look upon the machine gun...

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
what you should do is have a black roof and mirrors then maybe black light tints with black alloys but colour code the black trims

that would be mental

lex

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well the bump strips are black at the moment and I was going to colour code them silver to blend in but it would involve buying new primed bump strips, painting them etc then re fitting them where as I was thinking if I went with black wheels, badges then maybe the black bumpstrips would complement it?

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
If you colour coded the badge to the car, I think that would look good! I mean the recessed bits between the raised VW part being painted Reflex silver! The badge should stand out a it then...

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I know the lad with the polo in the first post, he's the bloke who fitted my sachs clutch, its an awesome car it really has good prescence in the flesh, he bought it new and modded ot before it was even registered, lol, used to keep it in workshop at dealer overnight till the 55 reg came out. Sounds awesome for a diesel and its very very quick.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts