Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1.8t is black magic pearl and i was wondering what kind of finish i can expect if i spend a couple of hours tidying the paintwork up. (pics appreciated)

For those of you who have a black mk4 could you tell me what products you use and in which order.

ive bought maguires wax, shapoo and polish and a halfrauds mini buffer but the results ive had so far are cra* and ive lots of swirl marks.

Any advise greatly appreciated.

ps any links to online shops where i could order my cleaning products from??

cheers

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
You show off Escy!! [:p] So tell me, where's best to park my car for you[;)]
errrr.......hmmmm......aahhh.....well....errrr.....dam, i seem to of just dropped all my micro fibre on the gritty floor, and need to wash it, so can;t do yours at the moment.

(good job i've got a shippment of cloths coming [;)])

·
Registered
484 Posts
lol

Here's some of my old ones

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Really puts me to shame as this was probably the last time i gave my car a proper detail.

Actually do have these from Gti International last year

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
very nice!

wish i could get my paintwork looking like that !

Think im going to try polish/ wax without my halfords electric buffer....far too many miniscule swirls on my car now[:(]

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
For those of you who have a black mk4 could you tell me what products you use and in which order.

ive bought maguires wax, shapoo and polish and a halfrauds mini buffer but the results ive had so far are cra* and ive lots of swirl marks.

Any advise greatly appreciated.
Here's a couple of pictures, I hope you like... I just use Pinnacle Wax http://www.motorgeek.co.uk/pinnacle-souveran-paste-p-74.html applied to the car on http://www.autogeek.net/cbp100.html

The Meguiars wax and shampoo are pretty good and I think the Mini Buffer is the problem.

Depending on the condition of the body work, it might be worth using a stronger car wash / washing up liquid with a clay bar to remove all the crap on the paint, as the Meguiars shampoo is very gentle and it might not remove all the dirt stuck to the paint.

Use the Meguiars wax on one of their applicator pads and you should get a good finish. Also use good MF cloths to remove the wax, rather than old T-shirts ...[:D][:$]

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Dont look at that Rusty old bucket of RS's [;)]

But, seriously, your only gona get out top results by putting in the hours, a quick wash & wax wont achieve results like RS has shown.

I suggest getting a picture of the car up of here for some better & more realistic feedback.

If the car isnt in too bad shape I'd suggest getting a PC run over her, & then you can start on a nice clean canvas.

If your looking to do it on a budget, just some Megs #2 Polish & a bottle of NXT will keep the paint looking good, dont forget tyre dressing, & Megs Endurance gel is one of the best available.

If your not on such a tight budget, you may want to invest in some P21S, Poor Boys or Harly Carnuaba wax, & if you are really splashing out, go for the pinnicle stuff RS suggests, that is the dogs dangly bits [Y]

I'd hate to even think about adding up how much I've spent on cleaning products [:O]

This is my dark horse, many hour spent with the cleaning materials[:$]

Posted Image

http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forums/491967/ShowPost.aspx

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
luckily i've posted pics of my car, how good a LC9Z car really look......if i hadn't, you'd be stuck with Jace's and RS's heaps to look at [;)]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts