Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I came across this item on the classified, but it's in cream I want it in black. I am planning to get my interior re-upholstered but this would be so much easier. Does anyone know where I can get this for my 2002 Bora?

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
The ones in the ad are a little top end on the price as they aren't the headrest-notched recaro seats. But they are in great nick.

Full re-upholstering is anywhere between ?1000 - ?2000.

On the otherhand you can get the real stamped, black recaros on ebay for about ?900.

Baz

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The fact that they aren't Recaro isn't an issue for me, I really like that design, even the head rest are pretty cool Recaro stamped or not.

Any idea where I can get some like those outside of ebay?

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I'll have to wait and see if other deal goes through, but they are from from a Bora highline with 15k miles check the thread in my sig for some random pics

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
If is sell unfortunatley not.

I am still trying to decide if i am right in the head to be swapping 1 year oldVW leather with 15K miles for 2 year old R32 Leather with 45k

·
Registered
58 Posts
have you got yourself some seats yet as i may be tempted to part with mine,black,heated out of 53 golf,cleaned and treated weekly from new so nice and supple.wont be doorcards or centre console though.drop me a line if interested.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hi sorry to jump in this thread.

But do you know what plug's are on the front air bags seats are they 3 or 4 pin!! As i'm about to buy

some tomorrow.

Same colour black.

joolstdi

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi sorry to jump in this thread.

But do you know what plug's are on the front air bags seats are they 3 or 4 pin!! As i'm about to buy

some tomorrow.

Same colour black.

joolstdi
if thats asking me then i cant answer at the moment as the seats are still in the car,i will be taking them out tomorow and will let you know(i have had a look under the seat but cant realy see.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I like this, door cards and centre armrest included?

How old are those seats? The driver's seat has puddled already. Ugly, ugly, ugly. IMHO and you probably may know that I loathe leather seats in cars and so just ignore my comments.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Is the airbag plug yellow.

With 3 wire's out of it , blue,brown and white??

And well done on your purchase of the S3 seats not a bad price.

joolstdi

·
Registered
58 Posts
just had a quick look under the seat and it is difficult to make out how many wires are there.there is certainly a yellow plug though if that helps.i will be takeing them out in the morning so i will let you know.

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
just had a quick look under the seat and it is difficult to make out how many wires are there.there is certainly a yellow plug though if that helps.i will be takeing them out in the morning so i will let you know.
what year is the car?

you should also be able to see how many wires are coming out of the plug.

Baz

·
Registered
58 Posts
53 plate.the seats have a plastic skirt round the base stopping me getting a clear view so have to tilt the seat forward to see,looking from the back there is numerous plugs and many wires and i dont want to start pulling at them to get a better view!!!! [:)]

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
53 plate.the seats have a plastic skirt round the base stopping me getting a clear view so have to tilt the seat forward to see,looking from the back there is numerous plugs and many wires and i dont want to start pulling at them to get a better view!!!! [:)]
Sorry, i'm not in england and haven't the foggiest what a 53 plate means but if it's 2003 (guess) then it should be 3 pin.

Baz

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
fi you want an easy look at the seats they are soo easy to take out what they can do is if you undo the front 2 bolt which are right on view it just slides back and out of the rails and then tilt up loads so you can see the wires, there are deffinatly 3 wire on a 53reg like mine and the fitted stright into my r32 plugs, i was lucky.
if you want i would get some picture of the airbag connectors from my old standard seats and the r32 ones but you lot are on about the vw sport leather so it might not help at all,
lex

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
i have just taken some pictures off my 53reg standard seats airbag connecters but they are the sam on the r32 black leather and i guess they are the same as the other 3005 black leather
Posted Image

1 - 20 of 26 Posts