Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does ne one know where I can get black micro suede to do my headliner?  and does ne body know a DIY for removong the headliner?

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
They do as it was fitted to the Anniversaries, it's just very expensive from the dealer or rare as in a scrappy

d'oh beaten to it that 'll teach me to open loads of topics at once[:$]

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
I bought some faux suede from ebay.
I'm in the middle of covering my Bora headliner at the minute.
Here's a teaser.
Baz

Posted Image

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
I bought some faux suede from ebay.
I'm in the middle of covering my Bora headliner at the minute.
Here's a teaser.
Baz

Posted Image
That looks very professional!!, how much was the suede if you dont mind me asking

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
How you finding it been thinking of this mod for a while, relatively cheap but greatly effective so any tips or hints
Hints or tips?????
probably not to do it with non stretch fabric like i'm doing. Incredibly difficult to work with and it stretches about 2% if even. be very careful how muh glue you're using or how wet it is, so that it doesn't come through the front. I paid for my B pillars to be done by a professional because they are impossible.
If you're going to do it good luck with it. I'm still really struggling with the headliner, just glueing and stretching a small bit at a time to get the visors and around the dome light correct. It looks fantastic and hopefully I can get it finished soon.
Baz

P.S. My suede cost about ?25

·
Registered
553 Posts
I heard that some one on vortex, used a spray die. but that sounds

like a recipe for disaster. The suede looks really good BTW.

and how about some pics of the finished thing.

Apperars your a pioneer good luck . I wish I had the balls, skill and patients to try it

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will definetly remember that strech factor. The die sounds like a very possible thing. But the first thing that pops in my mind is streaking and looking half -a**ed. I thought it might be a little cheaper than what I am finding it at. Does anybody know how to actually remove it? It is not the headliner that I am too much worried about as the pillar posts that really worry me. The fronts are airbag.

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
I hadn't got that problem with mine because I have no airbags on my A pillars. The airbag itself actually only comes down about halfway on the pillar but I'm not sure where the sensors are. You'll need to find out from someone who's done it. By the way, Scrapmen take apart stuff with airbags all the time so a good VW scrapman or dealer will know and should tell you if they are half decent about it. I'm thinking that removing the battery would be a good start.
Baz

·
Registered
2 Posts
How you finding it been thinking of this mod for a while, relatively cheap but greatly effective so any tips or hints
Hints or tips?????
probably not to do it with non stretch fabric like i'm doing.? Incredibly difficult to work with and it stretches about 2% if even.? be very careful how muh glue you're using or how wet it is, so that it doesn't come through the front.? I paid for my B pillars to be done by a professional because they are impossible.
If you're going to do it good luck with it.? I'm still really struggling with the headliner, just glueing and stretching a small bit at a time to get the visors and around the dome light correct.? It looks fantastic and hopefully I can get it finished soon.
Baz

P.S. My suede cost about ?25
Im looking to do this to my ibiza at the minute.

I see your from N.Ireland, who did the trimming for you and how much was it to have it done if you dont mind me asking?

Thanks
Kyle

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Hi Kyle

My B pillars were done by a professional for ?30 and I'm doing the rest myself.
Baz

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Hi
Got the B pillars done in carnoissuer in ballymena. I reckon after working on mine for a while now that I could do it myself. I've worked out how to do angles and stuff. So that's why I'm doing the rest on my own.

I haven't got a clue who the seller was but if you search for "faux suede" - you should find it.
Baz

1 - 20 of 38 Posts