Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
I like that interior, must have cost ???.

Not keen on the wheels, and I think it would look better with a light smoke tint.

EDIT In fact, I'd put the car back on the Brands Hatch 16s, sell those wheels on Ebay, and put the money towards springs, dampers and ARBS!

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Also looks very much to me as if thats just a re-trim. I've certainly never seen seats like that. I don't like it all that much as to me it seems a bit in yer face and too much, but that's just my thoughts. If it is a re-trim, its been done very well!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Quote: posted by W36 EJO on 24/03/2005 18:07:26

If it is a re-trim, its been done very well!

I agree but would not have had Recaro stiched into them.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
At first glance it looks a little bit like S3 seats, the leather and alacantra whiteish silver and black they have (I personally don't like those either, but thats not the point). So I'm sure if recaro had made those seats, they would have made the silver bit alacantra / suede instead of leather.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Quote: posted by GaryM on 24/03/2005 18:38:59

That does look good, but why stich in Recaro into VW Sports Seats! Your just fooling yourself really! [:(]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
It's too easy to tell they aint recaro's anyway looking again, the side bits (cant remember the name, but they hold you in when cornering, I can't remember the names of anything today!) don't stick out enough. Must have cost an absolute fortune though!!

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote: posted by PaulGT on 24/03/2005 20:09:46

Quote: posted by GaryM on 24/03/2005 18:38:59

That does look good, but why stich in Recaro into VW Sports Seats! Your just fooling yourself really! [:(]

who said i stitched recaro in the seats?

i've had the car 2 months and these seats were in when i got it.

i admit i have never seen recaro's like this and i am dubious myself to their history but be assured the workmanship is flawless and this is the last place i would expect to fool anybody,so why am i fooling myself?do you think i should cut the recaro stitching out?maybe they don't have srs airbags in either!

don't assume i have stitched recaro in them as we all know what an assumption is don't we?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
sorry, not meaning to affend you! they really do look good! Didnt realise that u hadnt had them done yourself and no I dont think u should cut the stiching out!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Calm down Jon!!

A point was made that your seats are not Recaro's but are in fact sports seats with a Recaro logo stitched into them.

Even though they arent Recaros they do look nice and will fool most people.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ooops!a slight over reaction there i think

just didn't want people to continue thinking i had the stitching done,because we all know poo poo sticks and i would never con anyone.not the sort of impression i want to give.

thanks for keeping me in check though lads.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Quote: posted by GaryM on 24/03/2005 20:58:38

Calm down Jon!!

A point was made that your seats are not Recaro's but are in fact sports seats with a Recaro logo stitched into them.

Even though they arent Recaros they do look nice and will fool most people.

I don't think they are sports seats [:)] I think they are more like the standard seats from a basic golf. Back to the main question: I think those seats look really good, the finish looks good, I think some one spent a fair bit of money to retrim them.

The windows are not my taste, but they don't look that bad..

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
IMHO - Windows - no

The rest - different, well done quality look, with the Bora vents, ally trim, gear knob etc - only needs TT pedals and an astra turbo aerial to finish it off!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts