Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently had the FK Konigsport and BBS CHs fitted so as it was such a nice morning i thought i'd get it cleaned up and take some piccies.

It really is amazing the visual difference a set of alloy wheels and lowering kit can do

Before

Posted Image

After

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
What a difference! The CHs really have that "I mean business" look about a car I think. Mind how you clean them as they can mark quite easily but are very easy to take polish/wax to.

Drop looks great too (puts me to shame)....I really need to get something sorted but I just spend a fortune on flights yesterday.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hate to be the grim reaper mate but i hope yours have a better finish than the anni BBS - you must know the trouble we ve been having! Your car looks well mate

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hate to be the grim reaper mate but i hope yours have a better finish than the anni BBS - you must know the trouble we ve been having! Your car looks well mate
I've read plenty of threads regarding the corrosion on the anni BBS alloys. Luckily that only applies to the anni wheels and not the BBS range. It seems silly that the regular BBS RCs don't have the corrosion problem and the VW ones do, must be something to do with thwe finish

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
I understand it to be due to Anni wheels being lacquer straight on bare metal, whereas other BBS wheels are painted and then lacquered. Mine are painted and lacquered and after nearly a year (with regular cleaning with car shampoo and warm water) they still look as good as new. When clean, they are as reflective as the car's own paintwork.

·
Registered
200 Posts
BBS CH's are some of my favourite wheels on the Golf MK4 - they look superb.

Something to save up and aim for in the distant distant future I guess :(

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Great stuff Zeke - the best has already been said but Ill just repeat
it and say those wheels look the business !! Just watch those kerbs now
and dont let the mrs drive it [:p]

oh and btw, youve blanked out your reg plate in the first pic but not second ... just incase you want to change that mate.

Keep up the good work [y] [:p]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts