Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Never saw the programme and no I am not worried.

The whole bird flu thing (thankfully) has come to nothing here despite the best efforts of so many to put so much fear in to so many people.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
I watched it, Horizon.

We should all be worried.

The World health organisation are so worried about this that they have stationed observation posts in South East Asia to pounce on any outbreaks and lock them down. South East Asia being the hopspot where this is likely to happen.

The facts are;

1, There have been isolated cases but we've been lucky

2, All it will take is for the virus to slightly mutate to become easily communicable within the human race.

3, The rest of the programme detailed what will happen if it odes.

4, Millions will die if it does.

However worrying is pointless, if it happens there is nothing that can be done. The production of vacines will take so long most of those who will die will be dead and a vaccine can only be produced one an outbreak has started.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

The whole bird flu thing (thankfully) has come to nothing here despite the best efforts of so many to put so much fear in to so many people.
Thats just what the experts were saying last night. Everyone is like you, its never gonna happen in the 21st century

Get real never gonna happen.

These guys seem to know what is going on and were experts in this area.

Am I worried now....NO!! but would I be worried if I hear the really bad news thats its cross from human to human and starts the chain reaction

off like the program was explaining last night...hell YES

·
Registered
3,934 Posts

Thats just what the experts were saying last night. Everyone is like you, its never gonna happen in the 21st century

Get real never gonna happen.

These guys seem to know what is going on and were experts in this area.

Am I worried now....NO!! but would I be worried if I hear the really bad news thats its cross from human to human and starts the chain reaction

off like the program was explaining last night...hell YES
I never doubted for a second that it could happen though mate. I just said I was not, and still am not worried about it.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Wouldnt worry about it mate - when the polar ice caps melt in the next few years the birds will all drown anyway and most of europe will be undersea.

Thats unless the volcano erupts in the canary islands causing a tsunami that will not only wipe out most of southern europe but also 40% of the east coast of the states.........

Or the gulf stream decides to finally shift back to front thus causing the next ice age for northern europe...

Or you worry for 6 months, and then get run over by a bus or abducted by little green men in space suits saying "nanu nanu"

·
Registered
192 Posts
Horizon used to be quality but this last couple of years it has got really dumed down. It's main role seems to be the telly equivalent of the Daily Mail i.e. scaring people.
I would worry more about religion and the nutters that it fuels than a few chickens with a temperature

·
Registered
808 Posts
Quick! look up isnt that a 10 miles wide meteor coming towards the planet...............................................

Run for your lives!!!!!!

Oh, sorry its just a bird poo on my living room window.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Quick! look up isnt that a 10 miles wide meteor coming towards the planet...............................................

Run for your lives!!!!!!

Oh, sorry its just a bird poo on my living room window.
Better there than on your Car's bodywork !![;)]

Jay

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
It is well contained at the moment. It's just the fact that they don't know where it came from that is of concern.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.