Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Boss
1,287 Posts
I bought my 2001 reg 1.8T golf in blue anthracite pearl at the beginning of July, after a bit of research i found out that it was quite a good spec with the winter kit and full oem nav with fis clocks even though they were screwed.

4546196.jpg

i don't have any pictures of the car from when i bought it but it was pretty horrible, I gave it a good polish to see if i could make it a bit prettier and i gave a coat of black paint to the wheels as they were corroding quite a bit.

ab2a34a.jpg

My main thing to get sorted first was the clocks, so I contacted the guys at Vagwerkes who sorted me out with a set of full FIS Bora sport clocks fully coded but i had to wire my navi into the main socket as the clocks were a newer type.

00b400e.jpg
[

Much better looking clocks than the standard ones [email protected]

·
Boss
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just to carry on with the story as I am finding the photos,

Posted Image

I got a set of KW V1 for a steal so had to get them on there and whilst i was at it i changed my wishbone bushes as they were completely gone

Posted Image

I replaced the rear beam bushes within a week of owning the car but didn't take any pictures i went for fabia VRS bushes.

·
Boss
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Shiny!!! :).

has that bush already been gashed at or was that how you found it ?? :s.

Fabia vrs bushes any better at all... ?
that bush is how it came out of the car, quite a bit of horizontal movement that was unwanted, I believe that they are the same as the Ibiza cupra r bushes but cost less

·
Boss
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got some new toys today, I quite like the look of the 4mo valance

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thought I would give the shifter bushes a go as my car doesn't like going into 3rd too easily when giving it some.

Posted Image

It says that they are for 2002.5 cars but mine is a 2001 so i don't know why i have the correct connectors.

Posted Image

All fitted.

1 - 20 of 182 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.