Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hard is it to fit a bigger turbo to my car and how much?????

what else will i have to chang ?????

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry was in a rush earlyer i have a 1.8T and want to put a bigger turbo on it befor i get it chipped

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
4 grand all in from badger5. Should take it up to about 310-330bhp.

As for what else changes.....

IHI turbo (usually vf34)

IHI manifold

injectors

downpipe

oil/water lines

intake pipework needs modified

fuel pump

maf tube

other stuff i'll have forgotten...

·
Registered
931 Posts
badger 5's in gloucestershire. i would recomend the ihi kit.

bill fitted and supplied mine, 4k miles so far, no probs at all, goes fantastic.

if you got the money, i would recomend it!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How much will it set me back now then??? and how long will it take ??

Tryed emailing but have not had a reply????

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
there is always the atp eliminator option which i am going to be doing. should cost a total of ?1.5K inc mapping if all goes to plan. for 300 - 350bhp octane dependant.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

i have ordered:<o:p></o:p>

GT28rs eliminator turbo<o:p></o:p>

large 3" inlet from ATP<o:p></o:p>

high flow mani<o:p></o:p>

4 x 440cc green top injectors<o:p></o:p>

I will need to get the revo stage 3 upgrade for this turbo once it is out which i hope isnt to long away.<o:p></o:p>

there are other bolt ons i may get also which shouldnt affect the price too much such as 3" maf housing.<o:p></o:p>

i have no idea how this will compare to IHI, build quality, power delivery etc so i am not comparing it or saying this is the best option since sliced bread. but i have spoken to a few people with this setup on vortex and they are happy. i dont think it will be able to hit much more than 320bhp due the the restriction in the way the hot side has been casted to fit in place on the stock location on the transverse engine. well have to see. <o:p></o:p>

the reason i have gone for this option is because it is a very cheap option to hit the 300bhp+ mark.

·
Registered
730 Posts
there is always the atp eliminator option which i am going to be doing. should cost a total of ?1.5K inc mapping if all goes to plan. for 300 - 350bhp octane dependant.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Is that price include labour? and who is selling the eliminator at that price?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts

Is that price include labour? and who is selling the eliminator at that price?
i will be installing the main, turbo and inlet. then take a drive to Big Boys Toys (who are at the moment fitting one of these kits to there 1.8t demo which will be mapped with the revo software) then fit the injectors and get the stage 3 remap there. im getting my parts from the USA, the parts came to ?1379 inc shipping. i have told them to lower the value to $500 and lable it as a sample to minimise the customs charges which is the only risky thing about it. it could be a better bet to get a quote all in mapping and fitting from BBT if there demo and the revo software all goes to plan. will save a lot of messing around. but i want to try and do as much as i can so i can say i did it.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
yes BBT will be able to do all of this. that is if there demo goes to plan and the revo software has no hicups. dont take my word for it as any thing could happen and things may be delayed. touch wood all will go well.

·
Registered
626 Posts
How hard is it to fit a bigger turbo to my car and how much?????

what else will i have to chang ?????
you might wanna consider upgrading brakes and suspension aswell before going down the big turbo route.[;)]

·
Registered
720 Posts
yes BBT will be able to do all of this. that is if there demo goes to plan and the revo software has no hicups. dont take my word for it as any thing could happen and things may be delayed. touch wood all will go well.
I'll keep an eye out for if/when they get the demo car done. i want to go down the sane route as you, but want someone else to do it for me!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
fair enough! i think he said it should be done at the end of this week, not sure if that means today or sunday?...

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I'll keep an eye out for if/when they get the demo car done. i want to go down the sane route as you, but want someone else to do it for me!
350BHP through your front wheels will never be SANE !!! [;)]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts