Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to ever increasing insurance costs I decided to shop around after my current insurer (Liverpool Victoria) offered me a renewal quote of around £880.
First port of call was Adrian Flux who reduced the price to around £800 (after their admin fee of £25 to start a new policy - no thankyou!!) then I came across Neil (Neil20v on here) who works for Greenlight, he brought the price down even further to £680 with protected no claims bonus. All my mods are declared and insured on a 'like for like' basis.

So, big thanks to Neil.

For anybody else wanting a quote, his details are as follows.....

Forum name (for PM's) - Neil20v
Contact number at Greenlight - 01277 263030
Website - www.greenlightinsurance.com (make sure you state UKMKIVS under the club
membership question then the details will get passed on to Neil)

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Yeah, Neil did me a quote that came down to £560 from £900 odd from Adrian Flux...

I will be taking this up Neil at renewal time..

Stewart

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Hi Dan, Im with the AA at the moment, not to bad price wise but thats with the internet discount for new members.

GTi's gone now (group 18) Audi is only group 11 so shouldnt be as much, i hope. lol

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Not impressed with them Myself... refused to even quote .. despite 11 years NCB.... wholly discriminatory on a postcode.. despite said postcode having one of the lowest car crime rates for any urban area...

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Not impressed with them Myself... refused to even quote .. despite 11 years NCB.... wholly discriminatory on a postcode.. despite said postcode having one of the lowest car crime rates for any urban area...
They don't do ANY liverpool or manchester postal code, that's what I was told last december. I keeps their costs down and lowers the premiums. Just sucks if your in a liverpool or manchester code !

·
Registered
357 Posts
Sorry Guys but our claims statistics are still bad for Liverpool postcodes. Its not discriminatory as our insurers have lost money in these areas for the last 2 years, they will not continue to right business at a loss. If they had not had this high number of claims then would still be quoting for Liverpool

It goes on statistics so there will be places that we quote for at good rates because our statistics are good (ie west london) whereas some other brokers may struggle or put out really high weights.

Its just swings and roundabouts.

Best Regards

Neil (greenlight)

·
Registered
357 Posts
They don't do ANY liverpool or manchester postal code, that's what I was told last december. I keeps their costs down and lowers the premiums. Just sucks if your in a liverpool or manchester code !
We are looking for new insurance companies that will allow us to quote these postcodes, but when getting new schemes the insurers ask to see our current claim statistics and when they see the continuous loss for two years+ in these areas they aren't keen to let us quote.

We were previously unable to quote Northern Ireland postcodes but we have since gained a scheme that lets us quote them at really good rates, so if things change for Liverpool and Manchhester i'll make a post to let everyone know.

I hate having to turn any customer away but unfortunatley my hands are tied.

Best Regards

Neil (Greenlight)

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
But the fact is Liverpool has a lower car crime rate than most citys you will insure, the basis of your decision.. is based on 20 year old prejudices and not facts on actual crim rates in these areas... i bet you will insure nottingham and cardiff though

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
Its not discriminatory as our insurers have lost money in these areas for the last 2 years, they will not continue to right business at a loss. If they had not had this high number of claims then would still be quoting for Liverpool
Come on Andy, give it up! [:D]

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have a Manchester postcode [:)]

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
the reason you have probably made a loss in Liverpool or any other city in any one year is probably more down to an organised insurance scam gang operating in that area than general car crime... If insurer's would invest more in anti fraud teams people wouldn't be so prejudiced against just because there is an un-detected gang in there area.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts