Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say a big thank you to Baker21 for getting me my new rear clusters... I've had them on now for about a month now and I am really pleased. They are the slightly darker standard GTI rear clusters.

I like these over the standard GTI rear lights as when the sun hits them you can no longer see the Orange and Red reflectors behind

Here are some photos, hope you all like

Standard Spec GTI:

New Darker Hella lights (these were never fitted to Golfs as standard):

Before:

and, After:

Posted Image

·
Registered
658 Posts
I like them. Im a big fan of the standard GTI lights, I even sold my RCCRs because I decided I prefered the standard ones.

These look even better though! Especially the way they no longer show the yellow in the sunlight like the standards.

PS. You better have some lockin nuts on those wheels coz im comin to steal them soon!! [6] I Really want some 19" CH atm :-(

·
Registered
371 Posts
They look lovely, i really want these lights! Someone reversed into my car the other day and bust my RCCR's and i wanted to replace them with these but had to get some more RCCR's for various reasons. I havent put them on the car yet, i am now trying to sell the RCCR's brand new and get these instead....the pic of your car has made me want them even more! [:D]

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Look nice! Quite fancy these to replace my Hella RCCR which have badly corroded inside [:S]

How much did they set you back?
Baker21 is a good friend of mine and I'm sure he can sort you out with a set if you are interested...

Not sure if you can buy them in the shops... but why would you, as Baker21 will get them a lot cheaper than ?150.00, which is what Hella rear light clusters sell for in the shops.

Give him a PM, I'm sure he'll help or just give you a price

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They look superb on a black car though im not convinced they will look as good on your silver car Dave?

How about the euro spec lights?
GaryM they should look OK on a silver Golf, but I don't know anyone who has them...

I do agree that rear clusters with White or Clear sections look great on silver Golfs like these babies:

R/C/C/R's (sorry only picture I could find was on a Black Golf)

and,

Euro Spec GTI Lights (as mentioned by GaryM)

Both sets of lights look really cool on Silver Golfs...

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
They look lovely, i really want these lights! Someone reversed into my car the other day and bust my RCCR's and i wanted to replace them with these but had to get some more RCCR's for various reasons. I havent put them on the car yet, i am now trying to sell the RCCR's brand new and get these instead....the pic of your car has made me want them even more! [:D]
Go for it mate, you'll love them..

·
Registered
104 Posts
Those lights look great on your car [Y]. Those are good before and after pics as I though there was only a subtle difference between the two lights, but the effect is quite striking. That's another thing I now need to add to my wishlist [:)].

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Thank you very much to RS Golf for posting up this thread (I have only been waiting for the past month, LOL!!!).

The rearlamps are a serious subtle OEM mod and I think that for all you modders that want to keep your golf looking like it came out of the factory then these lamps are for you. You really have to see them to realise how much better they look.

If you want prices then just drop me and email and I will sort you out.

Car looks great RS Golf, as always!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
they do indeed look fantastic! so subtle!

i have a set of hella B/B/B/B brand new, never even been out of the packet - a mate of mine in london got them for me cos i could never never even find them - i dont know whether to stick em on my black car or not - but if i didn't what'd they be worth, giving that they are literally brand spanking?

and what do people reckon is nicer (anyone with pics would help)- the R/C/C/R's, the B/B/B/B or my own ones which are these JDM altezza (forgive the dirtiness of the car [:$])

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
At the end of the day mate it's your choice and I can obviously supply both alternatives if needs be.

On a black car I seriously like the R/B/B/R's but the R/C/C/R's look good as well? Depends if you want to be subtle or not?

As for the all smoked rearlamps, I personally only think they look good on silver cars? I am biased though? If you want to sell them then you should get the kind of price that I sell them for!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts