Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the time comes for a brake upgrade, where do you suggest I look to buy? I really don't want to spend a grand on these, 500ish or thereabouts ideally.

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm looking for something special if anything, so am aware these cost ££. However where should I be looking? Anyone found a good price somewhere for eg Brembo's etc.

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice price, but never really trusted the ebay. Especially for that sort of cash.

·
Registered
934 Posts
You wont get a BBK from a retailer for less than 500 quid.
+1. They were very cheap.

Either find exactly what calipers you need and hunt around scrappies (or ebay...) and then source discs/pads/carriers/lines or expect to pay more like £800 for a kit.

Badger-5.com may be worth approaching for a quote too.

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not looking to buy any at the moment, my first post says when the time comes...

·
Registered
374 Posts
You can get the adapters and lines from HERE and also the calipers off the bay or a breakers. Thats the only way you can do it under £500 and its the same you will get from a Brake supplier but without the £1000+ price tag.

I have done it myself around £400 would never buy a complete kit again as it costs an arm and leg for essentially the same thing you can get for half that.

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
+1 for the one rich posted up in the Ebay link

a member or two on here has bought off them, and i was in line to buy too till i went for the Porsche ones. i was going to get my discs off him anyways for the posrche
Is thatthe neuspeed ones mate, from Awesome? I like them and they seem to be the "cheapest" lol at 800...

·
Registered
934 Posts
I would give Badger5 (Bill) a ring (Contact:07976 800775, 01453 822880) if you are interested in Brembos and see what he can offer you. He was by far the cheape (still about £800 all in) when I needed some. May give you a good idea of likely price or other options when the time comes and he is very helpful.

Have you thought about 312mm up-grade option?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Who is Badger5 by the way, I'm not so up on these things.
He's not cheap and if you go and buy the 2 piece disc wait until you try to get replacement rotors[:O]

Get a kit that you can at least get pads and discs without breaking the bank thats what I did parts you can get from Euro car parts or GSF.

·
GT TDI 176BHP 428NM
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The Neuspeed Porsche Brake kit consists of 12.3"(312mm) Audi TT Quattro front discs and Porsche Boxster 4-piston calipers. Awesome offer this as a package with the calipers, discs, the Neuspeed billet aluminum caliper adapters, and custom stainless braided hoses.

I was just wondering, surely you could source these bits seperately or quite easily for less? Or am I missing something here...? I like the look of this kit I have to say.

I would have thought:

Boxster calipers - lots of possible source locations, scrap yard etc.

Audi TT Quatro discs - any parts website? (eurocarparts?)

Boxster caliper brake pads - any parts website? (eurocarparts?)

Neuspeed billet aluminum caliper adapters, and custom stainless braided hoses - possibly have to get these from Awesome or similar?

Thoughs welcome.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi!

a friend has bought a Omnicompetition kit for his R32 mkv and it also fit on his actual TTS...

6pot front an 4pot back

very very very powerful brakes

@monza i was terrorized when at first corner i see him on my back ahahhaha

http://www.omnicompetition.com/

but another friend is actually interested to buy a D2 brake kit, it is very cheaper:

http://www.d2racing.com/content/products/big_brake_kits

or if you want there is the EIP stage V with cayenne calipers

but it depends to the use of the car... if u go on tracks every week ok you need a big brake kit, but if you use the car everyday yoi can buy the R32 calipers & discs...

i have OEM calipers and EBC turbo grooved disc with mettallic hoses & motul RBF600 oil

it need to arrive at the good temperature to do the best as it can.. but in intesive use and when they're so warm they have NO fading and NO less brake power

sorry for my "rustico" english :p

greetings from italy

1 - 20 of 39 Posts