Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
i love to ski, its so relaxing
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how and what bhp can you gain out of a 1.8t mk4 with out spending 'millions'? Cheers Ed.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
INjectors arnt needed on your 1.8t unless your changing the turbo.

Engines are all generally good for around 280-300ftlbs of torque and 300-350hp.

Rods are the first thing to go over that. Depending on rpm limit valve train would need work, anything over 450hp needs really overboring with forged pistons and a common mod nowadays is the 2.0tfsi crank to stroke them.

Dan

·
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i dont want loads of work doing! maybe 200-250bhp mark? what could i do?

·
Registered
14 Posts
i ran s3 injectors on a AGU running a ko3 and felt massive changes over standard injectors obviously with a remap and front mount and other lil bits and saw a healthy return of 253hp a very slight overfuel not bad for a budjet build .. saying that i fitted a gt28 at a later date and the s3 injectors were perfect for the job

as im new the whole forum jobby how will i go about listing some immaculate segin mercedes alloys ???

·
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
u reckon a remap, air filter and exhaust system will get near 200bhp? Ed.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
i ran s3 injectors on a AGU running a ko3 and felt massive changes over standard injectors obviously with a remap and front mount and other lil bits and saw a healthy return of 253hp a very slight overfuel not bad for a budjet build .. saying that i fitted a gt28 at a later date and the s3 injectors were perfect for the job

as im new the whole forum jobby how will i go about listing some immaculate segin mercedes alloys ???
LMFAO with a 75 shot of nos maybe. Ko3 and 2xxhp should not be used in the same sentence.

·
Jedi
1,452 Posts
You reckon a remap, air filter and exhaust system will get near 200bhp? Ed.
Thats what ive done!
what bhp is yours mate?
It's around 200 ish, i cant say for sure as never had it rolling roaded, but my map took it to approx 190-195bhp, then, cat-back exhaust & air filter, so must be approx 200bhp.

Mine is an AmD re-map, but there are some that will give you even more bhp from just the re-map.

As said above, my engine code is AUM, which uses a KO3s turbo & can handle a bit more power than earlier engines that use the KO3 turbo.

The later 1.8Ts have the KO3s just for your reference.

·
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What order do you recommend the mods? remap first or last or does it matter which way?

·
Jedi
1,452 Posts
Although, i did do it the other way round! I had a re-map then got filter/exhaust at a later date.

Depends how far you go, my exhaust is a cat-back system, so that combined with my panel air filter, doesn't make to much difference to the power increase, but the way Chris said is the correct way round really.

(Although a re-map is more fun & more power to start with!)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts