Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a pack of those tree shaped air fresheners for my car a while back. I can't be doing with things hanging off the rear view mirror (Unless it's furry dice of course[:D]) and it kept falling off the rear grab handle so I put it in the centre console leaning against the rear passenger ashtray.

Just went to replace it and noticed it's made the paint/laquer/finish (whatever you want to call it) blister and peel away from the ashtray cover where it's been in contact[:(!]!!!

Maybe that's why they're designed to hang[:I].

Cheers, Jim

·
Registered
221 Posts
It says on the packaging that they need to be kept away from plastic and painted surfaces. They are evil things those air fresheners when it comes to interior surfaces.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Sorry but it does say to keep it away from plastics etc!!

Hang it on the rear grab handle and loop the elastic over itself (if you see what I mean!!). That way it won't fall off.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Happened to me on my steering column. Had a charity air freshner I got from MacDonalds and hung it from my indicator stalk where it blistered and peeled the rubbery finish away. Thats what I get for being charitable!

·
Registered
102 Posts
buy yourself a poppycoral air freshener, they look good, u can get them to match the colour of your car, they smell of lemons and wont damage your plastics - lovely jubbly [^]

cat

·
Registered
43 Posts
Quote: posted by cat on 17/03/2004 20:51:17

buy yourself a poppycoral air freshener, they look good, u can get them to match the colour of your car, they smell of lemons and wont damage your plastics - lovely jubbly [^]

cat

Agreed - last for ages too.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Quote: posted by GrahamOliver on 17/03/2004 20:16:20

Quote: posted by Toff on 17/03/2004 13:22:24

Alternatively..

stop being smelly.

Impossible!

I'll take your word for it mate [xx(] By the way, what made you go for green window tints mate? [:p]

Posted Image

·
Registered
270 Posts
Quote: posted by Toff on 17/03/2004 23:40:43

Quote: posted by GrahamOliver on 17/03/2004 20:16:20

Quote: posted by Toff on 17/03/2004 13:22:24

Alternatively..

stop being smelly.

Impossible!

I'll take your word for it mate [xx(] By the way, what made you go for green window tints mate? [:p]

Posted Image

Tis just the contrast of the photo! Smarty Pants! [:p]

·
Registered
320 Posts
Quote: posted by GrahamOliver on 18/03/2004 00:27:16

Tis just the contrast of the photo! Smarty Pants! [:p]

So in real life, you've actually got a bronze tan then? [:D] LOL! Fancy being caught picking your nose in a photo Graham!

- Toff.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Quote: posted by Big A on 17/03/2004 20:08:35

Happened to me on my steering column. Had a charity air freshner I got from MacDonalds and hung it from my indicator stalk where it blistered and peeled the rubbery finish away. Thats what I get for being charitable!

aaaaahhhh!

I had hung my coconut scented wooden air freshener from the indicator stork and noticed the same thing. I thought it must be the knocking from the wood against the plastic when I indicated etc..

Now I know. b'stards.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I just hoover the car regularly and that does it.

I dunno what happened the other day but the new smell came back for a while, god I love it.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Don't bother with the 'hang it up' or 'put it on the vent' type airfreshners as I have found they don't last that long and some of them make your car smell like a toilet!

Get some of the scented granules that the trade use, and then put them in the ashtray (front/rear) and they make the car smell lovely. Can get them in Lemon/camomile, vanilla, and now CK1 style or Chanell #5 (if you so wish).

Can get a price for people if required.

John.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts