Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a Golf GT TDi today, however the paintwork needs a good tidy up as has surface swirls and scratches and also interior handles etc due to peeling laquer.

But firstly id like to get the outside looking gleaming again and maintained well as I like my cars to be.

I dont have a machine polisher so just wondering best products for this that I can use by hand and application methods etc?

If theres any top end bits I can grab from Halfords 3 for 2 that would be handy but if not can order online!

Cheers in advance!

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
This is what i done today and believe me the car is Showroom condition...

Wash

Clay

Wash

Polish ( i used merr)

Poorboys Black hole (Fantastic for swirl removal/hiding)

Meguires next tech 2.0 Wax..

LOVELY..

·
Registered
258 Posts
Poorboys Black hole (Fantastic for swirl removal/hiding), was just going to say the same. i'm using poorboys natty wax after it at the mo. has a really good shine to it, only down side is its not that long lasting

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brilliant answered my question in one, il be getting some of that. Wish people could all be the same when it comes to car care, as some people just arent interested!

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Just note that it only hides swirl marks.. in order to remove them properly you will need to cut the paint back with some proper machine detailing..

·
Registered
655 Posts
mine had swirl marks, just polished with autoglym deep shine polish and its looking much much better already. will give poorboys black hole a go myself!

·
Registered
318 Posts
our vw paint is really hard.didnt have much luck using my da machine and ultimate compound.think i am going to get a rotary and a practice panel.

maybe pat could answer this as i saw his post and was impressed with his results.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im going to wash,clay,AG SRP it 3 times on each panel, and coat it in a wax and see how it comes up. Should be a vast improvement and if it is ill be more than happy! Il post up some before and afters at the weekend!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts