Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
The dealers do 2 kinds of mats IIRC, standard and 'luxury', priced around ?30 for the luxury i think....

Best bet is to get some 'colour concept' mats off OEM parts, they do Black with either red or blue edging for a bargain price of ?28 for 4 mats.... [:D]

Here's a piccy:

Posted Image

·
Registered
798 Posts
Luxury are more like ?65 , the cheap ones are less than ?18 for a set of 4,

bought some last week from the stealers. I only needed a replacement drivers

mat which had worn through so didn't want to pay ?65 for a set when the other

3 'luxury' mats I have are mint.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hmm. colour concept ones would look out of place. my car is green.

are the luxury ones the best then?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
I don't know how I did it it, but I managed to pic up some black golf mats from stealers for ?15 the other day... full set??!![:D]

Not sure what the difference is between luxury and standard... these are diffent from my originals in that the drivers side has a heel pad, and they also seem a little more artificial... still look better as they are new and black!!!! (Rather than a dirty faded black!!!)[:D]

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Quote: posted by golf-ball on 04/12/2004 19:08:08

and where can i get a gearknob, gaiter and surround like yours beddie?

for my 1.6S

The gearknob/gaitor and surround are from the 'R' line range, mine cost ?50 from VW in Macclesfield, but you can get them from OEM parts and Vagparts etc.. not 100% sure about fitment availability for the 1.6 box as the shift rod is a smaller dia. IIRC...

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
They trade mainly under two names on Ebay, EMS or OEM parts, speak to jeremy on 01603 722583 or have a scan of ebay, they do loads of mainly OEM stuff and 'R' line parts with really keen pricing... [:D]

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
managed to find someone called "emsltd" on ebay ... but not the other. Theyre selling them @ ?22 + ?9.80 delivery ... thats ?31.80 ... worth it for that much ??

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
emsltd and oemparts are one and the same company mate, the 'colour concept' mats they sell on Ebay are an absolute steal, i paid ?70 from the dealer for a set for my old Golf 1.8T....! [:O]

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
oh right, so they really do cost ?70 :O Thought he was just saying that on the ad. But then, you did have a choice of not having red borders on the mats, seems theres no choice here and red would look stupid in my car.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Shame about the blue ones no longer being available, wanted another set myself as mine are getting a bit grubby!

The R32 mats will fit okay mate, Golf/Bora floorpan is the same and the 'colour concept' mats i have in mine are out of a Golf and fit a treat [:D]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts